Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Nipple simulation arouses me...but I want to breast feed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
Please, please don't be overly rude. I'm already upset that I'm even asking this....

Our first child is due any day now and I have wanted to EBF him since the get-go (i mean, that's what breast are for, right?)
But now I have this nagging thought: when DH simulates my boobs/nipples during foreplay and sex it does arouse me.

I have a feeling that it is mostly to do with what mind set one is in, ie: I'm feeding my child, this is not sexual at all therefore no arousal. But what if . . . . . .

I'm kinda worried. Any advice? Did anyone else at all every think about this??
As I said, this is the first baby and I have a lot of "stupid" questions.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I did not breastfeed because that's all I think of boobs is sexual
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:09 AM

Well mine never latched (but I pumped until they were 17 months respectively) so Im not sure how that would have worked with me in particular but when your boobs are filled with milk and any touch may likely yield a spray of milk, you will feel more like a cow than a sex machine believe me!  I had to actually tell hubby not to touch them during intimacy or risk being sprayed in the face because I yielded a lot of milk generally.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:27 AM
Dont worry the sight of ur little one wont arouse u sexually.u will have that motherly instinct.dont think too much.u will be fine
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm the same way and now breastfeeding my first (6 weeks old). There is no arousal at all for me when the baby's eating. The first few weeks were actually painful (not so anymore). It's a whole different experience when the baby is there--really endearing and sweet, actually. Nothing sexual comes to mind. If you want to provide breastmilk but feel too weird about having the baby latch on, you can always pump milk and feed it from a bottle.
Elyssa414
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Join the breastfeeding mom's group! You are not alone in these thoughts, but usually it's not a concern! :) but breastfeeding can be hard for so many reasons and you will get a lot of support and advice there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatmynameagain
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this
One does not affect the other. Its definitely a situational thing. While fooling around your in arousal mode while bf you: ll go into mommy mode twos totally different feelings
. Dint worry about it tour body knows the difference:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I pumped DD never lachted on

Marimaru
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:59 PM

I can orgasm from breast stimulation.  Breastfeeding doesn't affect me like this at all in any way.  :)

crazymommy2007
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:30 PM
That's what I said before my first one, then I decided to try it. I never produced milk so I was kinda mad!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I did not breastfeed because that's all I think of boobs is sexual
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Eve-marie
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Once that kid is born, there will be a switch, the Mother Switch, that whatever you are doing, when that child cries, everything else can go to hell, you're in mama-mode. And breast feeding is going to make you a bit sore anyhow. When my milk came in it was the most excruciating pain in the world, and if they were sleeping they woke up shortly after. I told him leave the boobs while they were nursing. It will work itself out. Congrats and good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN