Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nipple simulation arouses me...but I want to breast feed

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Please, please don't be overly rude. I'm already upset that I'm even asking this....

Our first child is due any day now and I have wanted to EBF him since the get-go (i mean, that's what breast are for, right?)
But now I have this nagging thought: when DH simulates my boobs/nipples during foreplay and sex it does arouse me.

I have a feeling that it is mostly to do with what mind set one is in, ie: I'm feeding my child, this is not sexual at all therefore no arousal. But what if . . . . . .

I'm kinda worried. Any advice? Did anyone else at all every think about this??
As I said, this is the first baby and I have a lot of "stupid" questions.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:19 AM
Replies (11-20):
littlesippycup
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:08 PM

You'll be able to seperate. It'll be OK and it's good you made this post. It brings awareness.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:56 PM

If you find that breastfeeding arouses you, seek profesional help. That is not ment to be rude. I am dead serious. If you are aroused by it there is honestly something wrong with you and you need help.

annie2244
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:04 PM

It's not a problem, like the other women say.

And, instead of sexual arousal, breast feeding produces the most amazing endorphin mellow good feelings. And the whole breast feeding thing is so so sweet, your little one latched on skin to skin. Bottle feeding is not even in the same zip code.

If you have any difficulties, call your clinic. They'll provide help over the phone and with a visit with a lactation nurse. Almost all problems are temporary. And so worth getting past them. Breast feeding is easy, from the get-go for some babies/moms, and after a little bump or two in the road, for other babies and moms. Laleche league meetings are also really helpful.

Best of luck with delivery and breast feeding. Enjoy the endophin high! (and the rapid weight loss!) 

chalisa0
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Don't worry.  Your brain is able to distinguish between nursing and sexual stimulation.   You won't get turned on by nursing.  Now, you may feel a type of euphoria when you nurse.  The prolactin hormone gets released and with some moms (I was one) there is a great mental feeling associated.  Better than any drug in my opinion.  AND, There are never any stupid questions.  You haven't experienced it yet, so it's a great idea to voice your concerns and worries (even unfounded ones.)  So, stop fretting and congrats on your new addition!!!

Ultra_
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol, yes. You'll be fine. I'm sure very many of us are aroused by nipple stimulation. We're still able to breastfeed. I did all three times. It DOES have to do with the mindset you're in. Don't fret.

Ohh, I should mention though, when you orgasm, you may start squirting milk as far out as 3 feet.

MamaDee83
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:58 PM

It's a lot different when you are breastfeeding, at least for me and other women I have talked to. It's not a turn on at all for me - it bothers me and my milk will just let down and go everywhere! Your breasts don't feel the same/react the same when you are lactating.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:59 PM
The baby isn't even here yet...did you read the post or just title?

Quoting Anonymous:

If you find that breastfeeding arouses you, seek profesional help. That is not ment to be rude. I am dead serious. If you are aroused by it there is honestly something wrong with you and you need help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:01 PM
:-O

What?! Whoa

Quoting Ultra_:

Lol, yes. You'll be fine. I'm sure very many of us are aroused by nipple stimulation. We're still able to breastfeed. I did all three times. It DOES have to do with the mindset you're in. Don't fret.

Ohh, I should mention though, when you orgasm, you may start squirting milk as far out as 3 feet.

Ultra_
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Yup. 

Quoting Anonymous:

:-O

What?! Whoa
Quoting Ultra_:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:28 PM

It's different when you're breastfeeding your child vs. intimacy with your spouse.  In any case, it's perfectly normal to experience pleasure while breastfeeding....I never did, but the lactation consultant I saw said that it was and some women experience it.  I wouldn't worry too much about it...if you do experience some arousal, it doesn't make you abnormal or a pervert.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)