Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any preemie moms out there?

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:26 AM
  • 8 Replies

My name is Michele and I had my daughter, Antoinette, at 26 weeks pregnant on September 18th weighing a tiny 1lb 11oz!!  Today she is 81 days old and still in the nicu.  She's doing very well at 6lb 3oz and working on coming home close to Christmas.  I would like to meet other moms in similar situations to make friends and get advice

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:07 PM
My water broke at 30 weeks and I stayed in the hospital until he was born at 34 weeks. No where close to what you are going through, but I know it's hard. Just wanted to say good luck to you and I hope your little bundle of joy gets to come home soon. What a miracle:)
amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Welcome Michele!  My youngest son (now 11) was born 5.5 weeks premature.  I was really lucky that he was healthy and a good weight with no problems with his lungs.

Congrats on your little miracle.

Quoting michele0921:

My name is Michele and I had my daughter, Antoinette, at 26 weeks pregnant on September 18th weighing a tiny 1lb 11oz!!  Today she is 81 days old and still in the nicu.  She's doing very well at 6lb 3oz and working on coming home close to Christmas.  I would like to meet other moms in similar situations to make friends and get advice

gonecrazi
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Both of my last two were early. They are now 16 and 10. They are both very healthy kids. My 16 plays football for the high school, he's 6'1" and weighs 290lbs. So I guess you can say he caught up.  

bamababe1975
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Hi Michelle! It's nice to meet you. I'm not in your shoes, but you may find others who are on the Babies group -link is in my siggy. :)

Melissa_anne
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:49 AM

DD was born at 34 weeks at 5lbs 6oz, she was in the NICU for 3 1/2 weeks.  She is 7 now and healthy  other than she has asthma. 

nikkita311
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:37 PM
I had my son at 30 weeks and one day,he was supposed to be born on march 2nd 2003 but was born on Dec. 24 2002 at 2lb 6 1/2 oz 15 inches long.he will be 10 on of course Dec. 24.
preemiemommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:42 PM
I went into labor at 27 weeks and delivers at 29 week after two weeks of bed rest in the hospital. 11 weeks early. He was 2lbs 14 oz and 15 inches long. Spent 53 days in nicu and came home 3 weeks before his due date

Now a very happy healthy and SMART 6 year old. Just had his bday in the 2nd:)

Hope you're daughter gets to go home soon!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
michele0921
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Thanks for all the encouragement!!  She started nuzzling at 30 weeks gestational age and nursing/ bottles at 32 weeks old, normal is 35 weeks before a baby can suck, swallow and breathe all at the same time.  But now she is 38 weeks and is still having common choking episodes.  They nurses tell me they won't let her come home until she can take all her bottles with no problems but I am so freaked out that she will choke at home.  Sometimes she will do great for days then have a day where she turns purple on me 2 or 3 times! Has anyone expierenced anything similar? Any problems at home with feedings?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)