Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Books

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:04 PM
  • 25 Replies

Any of you lovely ladies know what are some really good and entertaining books out there to read?

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I know quite a few.  What kind do you like?

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

DeLaLi
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Quoting DeLaLi:

Any of you lovely ladies know what are some really good and entertaining books out there to read?

Well, I guess I would like to enjoy a good horror or mystery/suspense read this time around. I think I had enough of vampires and wizards for a little while lol. Perhaps something quite dramatic.

jillbailey26
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Quoting DeLaLi:

Quoting DeLaLi:

Well, I guess I would like to enjoy a good horror or mystery/suspense read this time around. I think I had enough of vampires and wizards for a little while lol. Perhaps something quite dramatic.

J.D. Robb (Nora Roberts) has a long series out.  It's her In Death series.  It's set in the future and it takes some getting used to.  She does a great job explaining what things are though.  It's about a cop (Eve Dallas) and her cases.  The more you get into the books, the more her personal life seeps in and then the lives of her friends.  They're really good.  And they're Mysteries with a little romance and humor thrown in.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

DeLaLi
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Quoting jillbailey26:

Quoting DeLaLi:

Quoting DeLaLi:

J.D. Robb (Nora Roberts) has a long series out.  It's her In Death series.  It's set in the future and it takes some getting used to.  She does a great job explaining what things are though.  It's about a cop (Eve Dallas) and her cases.  The more you get into the books, the more her personal life seeps in and then the lives of her friends.  They're really good.  And they're Mysteries with a little romance and humor thrown in.

Oh, right! I forgot about her! I read two of her books.

jillbailey26
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Quoting DeLaLi:

Quoting jillbailey26:

Quoting DeLaLi:

Quoting DeLaLi:

They're pretty good.  There's also 30-something of them, so it'll keep you busy for a while.  I know she has one that just recently came out and another coming out next year.

crazymommy2007
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Is it really smutty romance??  I'm looking for some new material too but I don't like the smutty stuff LMAO

Quoting jillbailey26:

Quoting DeLaLi:

Quoting jillbailey26:

Quoting DeLaLi:

Quoting DeLaLi:

They're pretty good.  There's also 30-something of them, so it'll keep you busy for a while.  I know she has one that just recently came out and another coming out next year.

jillbailey26
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:13 PM

It's been a while since I've read them, but I don't think they were too bad.  Definitely not overly descriptive like some stuff I've read, but it does have "sex scenes" in it.  Mostly between husband and wife.

Quoting crazymommy2007:

Is it really smutty romance??  I'm looking for some new material too but I don't like the smutty stuff LMAO

Quoting jillbailey26:

Quoting DeLaLi:

Quoting jillbailey26:

Quoting DeLaLi:

Quoting DeLaLi:

gonecrazi
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:20 PM

any books written by Haywood Smith, she cracks me up. 

crazymommy2007
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks!!

Quoting jillbailey26:

It's been a while since I've read them, but I don't think they were too bad.  Definitely not overly descriptive like some stuff I've read, but it does have "sex scenes" in it.  Mostly between husband and wife.

Quoting crazymommy2007:

Quoting jillbailey26:

Quoting DeLaLi:

Quoting jillbailey26:

Quoting DeLaLi:

Quoting DeLaLi:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. Best book I read all year.

Have you read the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning? That whole series is excellent as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN