Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

5-Year-Old Falls 4 Stories & Breaks 2 Feet, But It's His Mom He's Worried About - Have your kids ever gotten hurt and ended up comforting YOU?

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:08 AM
  • 1 Replies

5-Year-Old Falls 4 Stories & Breaks 2 Feet, But It's His Mom He's Worried About

Posted by Jeanne Sager on December 11, 2012 

tall buildingA 5-year-old managed to get a window open in his apartment in Pennsylvania the other day, and the little boy fell four stories onto concrete. Don't worry; he survived (phewww). But Jared Collins was much more concerned about his mom than he was his two broken feet!

I'm putting myself in Jared's mom's shoes right now, and I'm thinking she must have been a wreck. Wouldn't you be? But her sweet little guy calmed her right down.

Says Jared's dad, Justin Collins:

As he was laying there, she was crying. And he said, "Mom, don’t cry, I’ll be ok."

OK, did your heart just grow a few sizes Grinch-style? That may be one of the sweetest things I've heard in awhile. I'm just picturing that little guy sitting there, patting Mom with his little hands while she's freaking out (because really, wouldn't you be, Mom?). 

Apparently he'd been playing with his little sister in the next room when he somehow managed to open a window his parents say was secured. They heard their daughter cry out, went running, and there Jared was, four stories down. And yet, he still had the wherewithal to pull it together for his mom.

Have you ever noticed that kids always come up with the sweetest things just when you're at your wits' end?

I know I'll be ready to tear my hair out, stressing about this or that, and my daughter will write me one of the love notes she specializes in, leaving it on my pillow at night or coming over to where I'm working on my computer and slipping it on the keyboard. Often she'll do it at times when I feel like a pretty crappy mom for being so cranky around her, and I instantly feel better.

Because sometimes things happen. Life happens. We have a stressful day and don't immediately get down on our hands and knees to play with our kids. Or we leave the kids in what seems like a perfectly safe environment, and they get hurt.

But that doesn't mean we're bad parents. If we were, could we really be raising such caring little sweethearts?

Have your kids ever done something like Jared? Gotten hurt and ended up comforting you?

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
GOBryan
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Poor little guy. I can just imagine. I cry at the drop of a hat when something is wrong with my little man. Much tougher with the girls though. A week ago, we picked him up from school because he was sick and had a belly ache. He was crying in the car and I cried with him because he hurt so I can't even imagine how I'd be if he fell out 4 stories and broke his feet.. I'd be grateful he was alive though. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN