Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Ladies with MS...

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:50 AM
  • 9 Replies
Before you were diagnosed did you have a feeling that it was MS? Did you specifically go in to be tested for just that or did you have suspicions? Or was it completely a shock?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Lunarprancer
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:53 AM

I don't that I know of yet have MS.  I did work in a medical office for several years and recall women being fought off guard by the diagnosis.

Lolaunscripted
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:58 AM
So do you think you might have it? I'm in the process of setting up an appointment with my dr soon but I probably wont be able to get in until febuary. I've been dealing with these crazy symptoms for about 3 months now but I just assumed it was stress since I had a baby not too long ago and my eldest was recently diagnosed with Autism. But now I'm having more symptoms and not just a few so I googled (which is ridiculous but I've done it before for my bad gallbladder and was right so I thought WTH) and it came up with a couple different things but mainly MS. Idk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laughingsqua125
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:36 PM

goodluck hope nothing serious

acrylicmom
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:15 PM

my mom has MS...has had it for over 15 years. She is actually one of the youngest looking 63 years olds I have seen.  She is very active and has to be or it goes downhill fast.  She runs and does Zumba everyday...but her balance has made her stop riding her bike.  She has vision issues and she can't handle very cold or hot stuff.  What are your symptoms?  She has episodes every once in awhile.  I have things happen w/ me and always wonder if I have it too.

Lolaunscripted
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:55 PM
I have the vision issues, feels like I'm blind for a few seconds, usually it's just fuzzy vision. I have a constant headache the OTC stuff wont help. I wake up with a headache and go to sleep with one. Numbness and Tingling but it's always a different part of my limbs everyday? My hands feel stiff and sore occasionally. I also have IBS. This one is a wierd symptom and I'm not sure if it is one for MS but about 3 weeks ago I fainted. Then a week ago I had that faint feeling again so I laid down and my right side was paralyzed. I couldnt move anything :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ThreeTimesThePi
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 6:15 AM

I went in to be tested. My symptoms at the time were extreme vertigo(could barely walk and couldn't drive), leg numbness, numb feet. I was sent to a neurologist who was looking for other causes to the numbness and couldn't. I had an NG test(I think it was called) where they test inner ear with hot and cold water tubes for vertigo, had 3 MRIs to look for lesions or other causes and then they ordered a spinal tap. Basically once my legs started going numb and I started googling, I figured it had to be MS.

giroirk
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 5:40 PM
My husband has had MS for 15 years. He was 15 when he was diagnosed. He lost his eye sight. He could only see in black and white. That's when they did the MRI and seen active lesions on his brain.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
1likeme
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 9:13 PM
I finally set up an appointment to be evaluated in February. I have had what I call "episodes" for almost six years now. I went through testing a few years ago for myasthenia Gravis that indicated an autoimmune issue but rulled out MG. After that round of testing I have pretty much just seen my general practitioner for a few issues. I don't know if I have MS but I know I have some sort of neurological issue.

Sorry you are dealing with this. It's very frustrating.
Lolaunscripted
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Thank you guys. I'm probably going to set something up in Febuary too. Or around there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN