Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Prayers to the families and children in CT

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 2:12 PM
  • 11 Replies

Many thoughts and prayers to the children and families at the CT school where the shooting happened this morning.  I heard on the news that 18 children, ages 5-10, were shot execution style.  Incomprehensible!!  Words can really not express my feelings.  I know I will be holding my 6 yr old, Kindergarten student a little closer tonight!!

by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bethsunshine
by Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 2:13 PM

This makes me SICK!!! Oh gosh, I just can't even imagine!!

Join us in Christian Homeschoolers!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3200

Does your child have a learning disorder? Come join us!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118063/

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Dec. 14, 2012 at 2:27 PM

I've been gone a good part of the day & haven't heard the news yet.  I did however hear a little about this on fb; my heart goes out to the families of those shot.

ninamsi
by Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 2:30 PM

We need to pray for all of the children in that school.  They will never be the same again.

ethans_momma06
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Many thoughts and prayers with them.

I want to help so much. If anyone knows a way to help out, please let me know. I'm compiling a list of resources on my blog to share around.

2kids19yrsapart
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Just announced the shooters mother was a Kindergarten teacher, she was found dead in her room, along with many of her students.

The shooter's father was found dead in his home.

laughingsqua125
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:47 PM

same here

KamWorthy
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 4:14 PM
There are so many things we need to remember while praying for the families of these children. One of the things I will be praying for is for God to be allowed back in our schools. Screw the Separation of Church and State guise, and screw the handful of atheists who were successful in removing God from our schools thus removing any protection upon our children.
Quoting ninamsi:

We need to pray for all of the children in that school.  They will never be the same again.

fraujones
by Mommytron on Dec. 14, 2012 at 4:16 PM

RIP little ones :(

gonecrazi
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 5:26 PM

My 10 y/o will be getting an extra hug before bed tonight. 

2kids19yrsapart
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Has anyone talked to their kids about what happened?  I have kept the news away from my 6 yr old, and not sure if I should talk to her about it or not, and if I do...HOW??  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)