Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A tattoo artist with no tattoos?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:54 PM
  • 14 Replies
So I caught this show on and they were hassling this tattoo artist, of 17 yrs mind you who does great work, because he himself doesn't have any tattoos. They said they couldn't respect an untattooed tattoo artist. I think that's bullshit. If he does great work who gives a shit? He even said it wasn't that he didn't want any or didn't like them, it's that he was waiting to get exactly what he wanted. So what, who cares about the reason? If he's good, he's good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM

I agree.

jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:14 PM
It means that he is discriminating and won't just slap any old ink on himself.
joyfullem
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Ok people are silly the woman that works ar our deli is a vegeterian ... does that mean she shouldn't be allwoed to serve us?  jeeze

ColieO
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:15 PM
I think it's kind of weird, but whatever.His choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Venae
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:17 PM
4 moms liked this

I guess men shouldn't be obstetricians since they've never had babies.

momma2rhylee
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:20 PM
Well I take care of the intellectually disabled but am not so should I not be allowed to take care if them??

Tattoos are permanent. If he's awesome and is waiting for something perfect then who cares it's not like them having tattoos determines their work since the usually don't do them on themselves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:03 AM

It's totally ridiculous.  As long as his work is good, it shouldn't matter whether he has any.  Besides, I think he's smart to wait for the right tattoo.  If/when he gets one, he'll likely have it for the rest of his life (yes, I know they can be lasered off), so it makes sense to wait and make sure he gets what he really wants.

Paperfishies
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:04 AM
My husband's tattoo artist doesnt have any tattoos. He is an amazing artist, very talented.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TinaNicu
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Sounds like the teasers are just a bunch of juveniles. 

rayroe2
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Right! that is so dumb because more then likely the work the artist would have wouldn't even be done by them LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)