• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I buy him a gift?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:38 PM
  • 19 Replies
My son is in kindegarden and is one of the last ones off and tends to fall asleep on the bus. There is a 3rd grader that im not sure if he volunteered or the bus driver recruited him but he keeps my son busy so he doesnt sleep (he is quite the crank to try to wake up so this isbenfitting me greatly). He plays games with him, makes him paper airplanes, and helps him get all his papers and backpack when he is getting off the bus. I was thinking of getting him a small gift, maybe just a walmart gift card ( we live in a very small area. Its the only place even remotely close to us). Is this something giftworthy or are older kids just expected to help the little ones? DS is my oldest so im new to this stuff.

Besides a gift card, im not really sure what to get him. Like i said DS is my oldest so i dont know what boys his age like.

~Melissa~Wife to Jarrod~Mommy to Nathan, Kristina, Tyler, and Ryan~

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColieO
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:41 PM
2 moms liked this
Most young kids love to get money and gift cards, so I say it's a great idea.

Though I'm basing my opinion off my 5 year old son who thinks he's rich if he gets a penny and acts like he just won the lottery. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaeagle216
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:43 PM
2 moms liked this
That's a great idea. And he most certainly doesn't have to keep your kiddo busy. I think he would appreciate it and it would make him feel good about helping someone. What a sweet kid.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lynnd4
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:43 PM
I think its a good idea.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nathans_mom0612
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Quoting ColieO:

Though I'm basing my opinion off my 5 year old son who thinks he's rich if he gets a penny and acts like he just won the lottery. Lol.

Yeah thats how my 5 year old acts too. He is my oldest thats why im not sure if a 10 year old boy would appreciate it.

ColieO
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:44 PM
My 12 year old brother requested nothing but gift cards for Christmas this year, so I think it will be ok. I bet the kid isn't expecting anything, so I'm sure he'll be thrilled!

Quoting Nathans_mom0612:

Quoting ColieO:

Yeah thats how my 5 year old acts too. He is my oldest thats why im not sure if a 10 year old boy would appreciate it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
schatzi869
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:46 PM

I would. The only thing is that if you get a gift card, he may get to use it.

Nathans_mom0612
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Quoting schatzi869:

I would. The only thing is that if you get a gift card, he may get to use it.

Well i was going to put it in a christmas card so that it was lime a christmad gift.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:08 AM

yes

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:31 AM
3 moms liked this

I think that would be sweet.

Are you going to write a note in the card? Otherswise the parents might wonder why some woman gave their son a gift.

Nathans_mom0612
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:06 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

I think that would be sweet.

Are you going to write a note in the card? Otherswise the parents might wonder why some woman gave their son a gift.

Yeah i was going to put it in a christmas card with a note that says thanks for keeping nathan company on the bus. Or something alongthose lines

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)