Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think this is bull****? ****EDIT****

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:23 AM
  • 44 Replies
2 moms liked this
That the attorney generals office charges an annual fee, that comes out of my child support money, to collect child support? I do and I'm pissed about it. Just another wonderful thing our government does.

Way to ASSume ladies! I am not a single mother AND I was married to my daughters father for over 6 yrs! He had been paying me child support since the day we seperated WITHOUT a court order and we've never had problems. The ONLY reason the AG is involved is because my daughter had Medicaid last year and now they won't step out. My ex husband is not now nor has he ever been a dead beat dad. It's not right what they are doing. I never asked them to help me, I didn't need it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grannie_kel
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:08 PM

I don't think it is bull at all.  There are so many women who choose to have kids with men who are total losers and then expect somebody else to step in and make the men pay child support.  The people that are trying to make all these men pay have nothing to do with the fact that you or anyone else are a single mother.  They should be paid for their time.  If women would be a little more choosey about who they sleep with, there wouldn't be so much child support that needs to be set up and followed by someone else. 

TommyAbby
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Can I say I LOVE you.. beautifully put!! 

Quoting grannie_kel:

I don't think it is bull at all.  There are so many women who choose to have kids with men who are total losers and then expect somebody else to step in and make the men pay child support.  The people that are trying to make all these men pay have nothing to do with the fact that you or anyone else are a single mother.  They should be paid for their time.  If women would be a little more choosey about who they sleep with, there wouldn't be so much child support that needs to be set up and followed by someone else. 

gonecrazi
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I don't think it is fair, but they do it here to. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:23 PM
Or you could just use birth control and not have that issue.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay I am going to say this nicely. There are LOTS of women who get pregnant off of birth control so "that issue" does happen regardless. It may work for some women but for others it may not. Even women who have their tubes tied have gotten pregnant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:48 PM
Assuming you just quoted me. I love how you quote me with your sn, delete it, then requote anonymously. And I agree with you, but what about the person that *lies* to her bf about being on bc, then she gets pregnant? Sorry that's not bc failire, that's just being a bitch looking for money imho.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay I am going to say this nicely. There are LOTS of women who get pregnant off of birth control so "that issue" does happen regardless. It may work for some women but for others it may not. Even women who have their tubes tied have gotten pregnant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Well they help womem with locating the loser baby daddy and collect money for you! So yeah , those people need to get paid too!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Aivlys_
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:51 PM
This!

Quoting grannie_kel:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:51 PM
By and large the tax paying public supports these agencies that collect and distribute child support, and all the lawyers and judges and all that. The amount they take out of child support payments subsidizes what us taxpayers are already kicking in.

Quoting grannie_kel:

CountryLayne
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:57 PM

I'm sorry, but yes, it is fair. Everyone has to earn a living, and attorneys are no excuse. They are doing a service for you, therefore, you should pay them. I have been in this situation, and sometimes it is no easy task to hunt down the parent and go through the motions to force payment.

You can't get something for nothing.

Christmas 2012

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)