Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im going to kill

Posted by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 4:44 AM
  • 31 Replies

My in laws. They are the rudest people I have ever had the un-pleasure of meeting. So back story. My sil ruined my bridal shower by talking so much crap about one of my brides maids to the point my brides maid didnt come to my wedding at all.

Our wedding. Sil and her husband thew a fit because we weren't having pork at our reception her husband tried fighting my dh the night before.

She told our 8 son that he didnt need to take his allegery medicine because it is "bad" for him.

She told our 7 and 8 year old sons that they dont need to know anything about the military that it will ruin their lives and get them no where. They just need to know about baseball............ WTF.............

Then there was the other day. My dh is so fed up with his sister and her attitude and behavior that he doesnt want anything to do with her. Well today we went to his mothers house to pick up the boys christmas presents since we are not doing christmas with them. My sil's husband decided to tell my dh that he  needs to get a job and provide for our family. Um number 1. My husband is in the army thank you. Sil and her dh are on welfare yet she drives a new charger and has coach purses ect. Their daughter is autistic. I was told by my mil that it would be a inconvenient time for us to have another baby because sil's daughter needs all the attention from everyone and it wouldnt be fair to her.

Well as my dh was loading the bikes and other presents up in the car sil's husband called my dh every name in the book I swear he was trying to get my dh to hit him.

So after we got home he texted his mom and asked her to call us tonight when she gets off of work. She told him no. He responded back saying that he is done with that whole side of the family and he is washing his hands of them and doesnt want anything to do with them anymore. That they are to have nothing to do with us and our kids. His mothers response was well whatever then.

Then Sil's dh started texting, emailing calling saying that he is going to take us to court for visitation for our kids that we are bad parents on and on. I hung up. Im calling our cell phone provider wednesday and our home phone provider and having all of their numbers blocked.

At our reception we lost our deposit and were told to leave due to sil and her dh smoking pot on the property. They leave their 4 year old autistic daughter in the house by herself and go out side and smoke pot  ALLLL THE TIME. It will be a cold day in hell before my children ever spend alone time with them.

Im so hurt and angry for my husband I can not believe that they act this way to him. Family is not supost to act this way to each other.

by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 4:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melschlegs
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 4:48 AM
Kill them with fire! I'm sorry, hon... that's absolutely ludicrous! I have members of my family like that... but not that many. Dh and I were both in the Marine Corps, and certain members of my family had a thing or two to say about our profession (though they were passive aggressive about it). You don't need them... TRUST me!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
armywife13143
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 4:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh i know we dont need them I just feel so horrible for my dh. How dare you disrespect him he is serving for our country. I told him that once things settle down he will be fine without them in his and our lives. Bottom line dont disrespect my dad who served in the army my cousins husbands who are serving and my husband. Ungrateful hag thats what sil is a hag!!!! ughhhhh

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 23, 2012 at 5:06 AM
Is dh active or reserve ? Just curious how they think he can work while active
armywife13143
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 5:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Hes active. They are ridiculous. Apparently serving your country isnt a job according to them. Yet neither of them sil and her dh dont work.

bahamamama61
by Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 5:18 AM
Yes, what an ole hag she is, and the rest of em'!! You're better off without them! :) Find nice people, an 'adopt' them as family! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hierophant85
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 5:23 AM
That's terrible. I'm so thankful my in laws are great people for the most part.
Sorry they've put you guys through so much crap. Hopefully cutting them out will give you guys some peace.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2kids19yrsapart
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Both my husband's parents have passed on.  His only close family is his brother, who is 700 miles away.  Honestly, my ex-MIL was bad, but I tolerated her for the sake of our child.  I honestly miss my current hubby's extended family. I wish we lived closer to them.  They are not perfect, but they are family, and that is important to me. 

I am sorry your family is not the greatest, and I don't blame you for keeping your distance from them, but they are still your child's grandparents and aunts and uncles. 

LoveMyLos
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 10:35 AM
What? Wow. What a bunch of losers!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joyfullem
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Court for visitation?  Umm yea ok, I know all the courts around here side with uncle in laws?!?!?  Jeeze.  MY in laws are total A*s holes and my Dh washed his hands of them too it has actually made our lives so much more peaceful good luck!

LyTe684
by Tasha on Dec. 23, 2012 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Cut them off. Completely and totally. Keep all of their emails, texts, and voicemails.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)