Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

how do you feel about people driving by to see your christmas lights?

Posted by   + Show Post

last night we decided to take a drive to see christmas lights put up in neighborhoods in the surrounding towns.

my husband offered to drive but wouldn't slow down for very long, especially in this very rich part of town, but most of the homes were decorated so beautifully. we wanted to enjoy looking at them.

my husbsand kept saying that he didn't want to drive slow because he wasn't sure how the homeowners would react to people who didn't live their gauking at their lights.

i say that that's the whole point of putting them up and if they didn't like people driving by to look then they shouldn't do it. he says some do it for their own personal enjoyment. i thinks the lights are calming and bring joy to a person. if i could i'd have them up all year in my own home, but if they are outside shouldn't everybody enjoy them and wouldn't it make you proud that others want to admire and enjoy them too?

do you put lights up outside and does it bother you that people drive by to see them?

wreath

by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Replies (11-20):
2kids19yrsapart
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 3:25 PM

If people didn't want anyone driving by looking at their lights, they wouldn't put any out.  This is an old tradition we had when I was little.  We weren't well off by any means, but the company my dad worked for always held their Christmas party at the country club in the next town.  After the party, we always drove around the neighborhood looking at all the beautiful Christmas lights.  Every year, for probably 10 yrs.

gonecrazi
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Nope, doesn't bother us at all

Barabell
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:20 PM

The decorations are out for people to enjoy. It's common for people to drive around and admire Christmas lights. Our local paper even allows people to submit their address for a Google map, just so people can come see their Christmas lights.

JasonsMom2007
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Last year people slowed down to look at our neighbor's house all of the time.  Didn't bother us or them.

SWasson
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 6:00 PM

If I didn't want anyone to enjoy them, I wouldn't put them up.

bertie4
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:56 AM

I would love to have people look at our lights if we had any. Didn't do any outside lights this year.

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:17 AM

It's a two-fold thing .... for the owner's enjoyment & for others to enjoy!

momofsixangels
Trial starts the 25th next month. Hope he gets life or death row
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
by Colleen on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:30 AM

I have no problem with it.Thatst why people decorate.For others to enjoy

rose2691
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:00 PM
I put the lights up for both!! I love looking at them and I feel great when I see others enjoying them too! Two for one!! What a great deal! LOL
PartyGalAnne
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 2:41 PM

If you didn't want people to see your house, you wouldn't put 25,000 imported Italian twinkle lights on it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)