Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

how do you feel about people driving by to see your christmas lights?

Posted by   + Show Post

last night we decided to take a drive to see christmas lights put up in neighborhoods in the surrounding towns.

my husband offered to drive but wouldn't slow down for very long, especially in this very rich part of town, but most of the homes were decorated so beautifully. we wanted to enjoy looking at them.

my husbsand kept saying that he didn't want to drive slow because he wasn't sure how the homeowners would react to people who didn't live their gauking at their lights.

i say that that's the whole point of putting them up and if they didn't like people driving by to look then they shouldn't do it. he says some do it for their own personal enjoyment. i thinks the lights are calming and bring joy to a person. if i could i'd have them up all year in my own home, but if they are outside shouldn't everybody enjoy them and wouldn't it make you proud that others want to admire and enjoy them too?

do you put lights up outside and does it bother you that people drive by to see them?

wreath

by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Replies (21-30):
ladylovemm
by Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 4:32 PM

It's for All's enjoyment.  Your gift to the community.  ENJOY(ED.?)

mama_l
by Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 4:36 PM
I love it when people slow down or sit and look. It means I did a good job and am making others smile.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
etsmom
by Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 5:21 PM

There is a company in my town that charges $30.00 for dinner and a ride in a limo for an hour while visiting houses with very nice outdoor lights.

Jlee4249
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:25 PM
We don't just slow down, we've come to a complete stop in front of some homes. We point out characters to the littlest ones. I think your husband is paranoid. ;)
kimber2465
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:28 PM
Hell yea I want you to look!!! I worked hard on that light display !!!!! That's the whole point is for you , my grand kids to enjoy them
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:18 PM

That is exactly why we put them up.  We spend days putting them up you better damn well drive by slowly and take them all in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:21 PM

We have a tradition of going out on Christmas Eve to look at lights. People put them up to be looked at, I'm sure if they have very good displays they expect some traffic. We found a few displays that were synchronized to music. Now those people I'm positive expect you to stop.

themomof3boys
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:25 AM
Yes, I have lights outside and no it doesn't bother me, if people slow down to look at them.
Fields456
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:27 AM
If they didn't want ppl to look at them they wouldn't put them up We have a guy In town who does a ridiculously huge display that he's bigger every year ) He even lets ppl get out and walk through his yard ( his front yard is like Half an acre )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN