Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you feel about people driving by to see your christmas lights?

Posted by   + Show Post

last night we decided to take a drive to see christmas lights put up in neighborhoods in the surrounding towns.

my husband offered to drive but wouldn't slow down for very long, especially in this very rich part of town, but most of the homes were decorated so beautifully. we wanted to enjoy looking at them.

my husbsand kept saying that he didn't want to drive slow because he wasn't sure how the homeowners would react to people who didn't live their gauking at their lights.

i say that that's the whole point of putting them up and if they didn't like people driving by to look then they shouldn't do it. he says some do it for their own personal enjoyment. i thinks the lights are calming and bring joy to a person. if i could i'd have them up all year in my own home, but if they are outside shouldn't everybody enjoy them and wouldn't it make you proud that others want to admire and enjoy them too?

do you put lights up outside and does it bother you that people drive by to see them?

wreath

by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Replies (31-38):
mgm_5
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:35 AM
I think gawking is the point to them being put up
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sweetmissy_05
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:49 AM

We didn't have any Christmas lights but it wouldn't bother me. 

New.OrleansLady
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:24 AM

I enjoy seeing people slow down for ours. It lets me know I didn't waste my time lol 

nikkik526
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:08 PM
I dont mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Genie2
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:29 PM

I didn't have any.  I did have other Christmas decorations outside.  I feel if people do have a problem letting others look at them then...why even put them up?

supermomz25
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

if I took the time to put them up, then I want recognition for all my hard work dammit!

CBrown82
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Quoting nodramamama311:

If we go through all the trouble and time putting up lights and decorations on our house, people better look at them...lol

Isn't this the truth..... Lol

hmzmom
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:42 PM
You decorate the inside of your house for you. You decorate the outside of your house for others!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)