Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

26 acts of kindness...(For Sandy Hook Victims) ETA: Need help and ideas! Update!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

I'm going to take part in this. I'm going to blog about it on here and FB and try to include a short bio and pic of each victim and do one act for one person per day. I'm starting on New Years Day and making it my resolution. :) http://www.facebook.com/26acts 

ETA:  I think this might be a little more difficult for those of us, like me, who don't have very much spending money. Does anybody have any good ideas? Coming up with 26 good ideas for someone who has very little money and doesn't leave the house much is going to be hard, but I'm committed to doing it. I have two ideas so far. The first is I'm going to donate some baby clothes my little girl has grown out of. Dh doesn't want me to do that because he wants to save them for a garage sale, but since I'm doing this I'm going to go ahead and donate them anyway. Some mom out there needs the clothes more than I need the 25 cents per garment or whatever that I might have gotten for it. The second is, since I got a 25$ gift card to Starbucks I'll pay for the person behind me. I know a LOT of people who are doing this are using that one already, but it's a good idea so I'm doing it too. I wish I was rich and I'd REALLY have a good time with this, I'd be spreading some SERIOUS cheer, then. :)

UPDATE!!! So, my intention today was to go bring a box of baby clothes to the St. Vincent De Paul in honor of Noah Pozner,the youngest victim of the Sandy Hook tragedy, who, at the age of 6, dreamed of working as a manager at a taco factory. On the way I stopped at Starbucks and paid for the car behind me with my Starbucks gift card dh gave me for Christmas in honor of Victoria Soto http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/19/16001132-light-amidst-the-darkness-heroic-teacher-victoria-soto-remembered?lite. She was a heroic teacher at Sandy Hook who, at the age of 27, died trying to protect her first grade students. Then, when I was bringing the box of clothes to the St. Vincent De Paul, I noticed a woman already waiting, at 8:30 for the St Vincent de Paul to open so she could get some clothing and food for her family. I asked her when the St Vincent De Paul was going to open, and she told me 10. So, this woman is going to wait out in the freezing cold for at least an hour and a half. I say at least because I don't know how long she'd already been there. I remembered the time, two or three years ago, also in the winter, when I myself had waited outside the St Vincent De Paul for them to open for 45 minutes, and how cold it was, and how we couldn't get warm, and how much I was wishing I had a bacon egg and cheese biscut and a coffee, so I left and went to MacDonalds and got 2 bacon egg and cheese biscuts, 2 sausage egg and cheese biscuts, and 4 coffees. I figured more people would be waiting by the time I got back. Then I went back and, sure enough, more people were already waiting, so I handed out the coffees and sandwiches. Thankfully, there was not yet more people than coffee and sandwiches, and two had eaten before they came, so I told them to just hand the other sandwich and coffee to the next person who showed up to wait. This third act was in honor of Josephine Gay, age 7 http://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-Josephine-Gay-Sandy-Hook-Massacre-Victim/122433327920016, whose favorite color was purple, and had a lemonade stand outside her family's house last summer.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2012 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 26, 2012 at 4:41 PM

BUMP!

hotlittlemom784
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 3:05 PM

hi im new here i don't have alot of freinds around here could you be my freind and help me ???? maybe just wondering 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 27, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Of course! :) You can never have too many friends.

Quoting hotlittlemom784:

hi im new here i don't have alot of freinds around here could you be my freind and help me ???? maybe just wondering 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:59 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN