Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Have you ever heard of something like this shark tank explosion happening?

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:59 AM
  • 8 Replies

Shark Tank Explodes All Over People & Now We Have to Worry About Exploding Shark Tanks (VIDEO)

Posted by Jacqueline Burt on December 26, 2012

shark tank explodesYou know how sometimes you're just taking a leisurely stroll through your local aquarium when all of a sudden one of those pesky panic attacks hits and you're like, Oh my god, what if that tank filled with sharks explodes and gallons of water come rushing at me and a shark flies in my face?! No, of course you don't, because why in the hell would you have a panic attack about something so extremely unlikely?

Well, turns out it's not so extremely unlikely after all. So go ahead and add "exploding shark tanks" to your list of phobias, because if a 33-ton shark tank with 6 inch-thick glass walls can explode all over these shoppers in a Shanghai shopping mall, it can certainly happen to you.

Yup. A "decorative aquarium" located, oddly, in a Shanghai shopping center lobby randomly cracked and shattered, much to the surprise of the shoppers who went from gazing curiously at fish and turtles and lemon sharks to practically drowning in presumably stinky aquarium water and being slashed with shards of glass in roughly two seconds flat.

More from The Stir: Parents Take 5-Year-Old Daughter Swimming With Sharks (VIDEO)

You've got to see it to believe it:

AAAACK!!! Can you imagine?? 15 people -- 15 people!! -- were injured in the explosion. (3 sharks died, sadly.) But the take-home message here, people, is that you now have one more freakishly freaky thing to freak out about. Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the aquarium ...

Have you ever heard of something like this happening?

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
workingmom70
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 1:05 PM

WOW! Glad no one died but I agree, sharks don't belong in a mall tank. They belong in the ocean. Too bad they had to die.

dana63
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I saw this and wondered why a shark tank was in the mall? Sharks belong in the ocen and not in a tank.

motherof3kids12
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 3:52 PM

omg wow thats sad and no i have never heard this before but thanks for sharing

lovinmykiddo07
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Holy crap!

My sister is deathy afraid of sharks & is always scared this will happen! 

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:22 AM

No, but nothing surprizes me anymore

carterscutie85
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Holy poop.

lisairv
Yesterday at 3:11 PM
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Wow!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Anything is possible
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN