Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Depression it truly does hurt :'(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
My mom and her side of the family mainly the women have suffered from depression and my mom still currently is now back in 2010 I had a nervous breakdown and I was kept in the hospital over night but was released the next day and prescribed Zoloft now I took it for a bit but was experiencing weird side affects so I stopped I know I should of talk to my doctor about it first ag but I didn't. I'm a young a mother I had my first at the age of 15 so I didn't have a full child hood I had to grow up fast and now I am 23 and have 4 kids and married before I married my husband I was in an abusive relationship which I was told it had some part of my depression now back in the summer time I was having hard time sleeping I couldn't seem to stop thinking my brain wouldn't shut down plus I feel over whelmed I love my kids I do their my pride and joy but they always want me at the same time I never get a minute to breathe I know it's part of having kids but their always under neath me and there's only 1 of me they don't even go to their step dad he doesn't help much I sometimes feel like he works so hard just to stay away from everything I was again prescribed Zoloft only my dosage was 100mg and it started working I started feeling like myself I was able to focus control my mood swings I didn't get irritated easily and all that but my husband wouldn't pay for my refill he would have the money wouldn't give it to me or wouldn't take me to get my refill it would of been my 4th refill so it was hard coming off of it and now I'm back to feeling how I was before my husband doesn't seem to get it or understand he says he doesn't to see me get hooked on drugs it was one pill at night that was it and it was working I was me again and he rather see me struggle I guess it hurts so bad every moment I have alone I am literally in tears cause I think of everything that's going on around me. I have no support at all and would be nice if the one person who's suppose to be there for me would be supportive I can't stand feeling like this.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 27, 2012 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 3:23 AM

ST JOHNS WORT helps with depression and anxiety

LivinDeadGurl
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:10 AM

I am sorry hon. I battle depression too. It can be a huge struggle in so many ways.

MamaBear1978
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:47 AM
Depression runs in my family as well. It's very difficult for people who don't suffer with depression to understand it. It took my own husband several years to really understand it. Thankfully though he's always been supportive and attentive. I think the turning point for him was when at one point he saw I was fine and then it was like a switch was flipped right before his eyes. My husband can be a little obsessive at times, and when he actually saw the switch ( normally my depression is more gradual ) he spent weeks trying to understand what was going on in my brain. Even now he is always on the look out for more info. It was then that I was finally able to understand what was going on myself and why I felt so awful. I take Effexor now and for the most part I'm doing pretty well. I still experience my crashes every now and then but they are no where near as bad as they used to be.

Anyway, if you have any questions please feel free to ask. Information is the key to taking control and really understanding.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
almostthere55
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:09 AM

You have a Lot on your plate sweetly.  It is no wonder you are suffering.  I have had depression for many years and I know your pain.  I am on Zoloft and it does work.  If DH won't pay for it can you get assistance for it?  Walmart even has $4.00 scripts.  Talk to your doctor about options.  Maybe take your husband along so the Dr. Can explain how important this is.  Not only for you, but the kids and him.  Hugs..you will always have your CM family to lean on! 

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:38 AM

So sorry.I have clinical depression.I am on zoloft

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I too suffer from depression and anxiety attacks. Check with local clinics or even your own doc to see if you can't get some help with the meds. It's a form of abuse if you're hubby witholds your meds from you. Hugs

Eve-marie
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:33 AM

If its drugs he worries about then do a google search for natural remedies for depression. He might be more open to it and it's better for you too. I got addicted to Valium and its not funny. Now I don't even take painkillers. I'm trying to find other ways to battle my depression too. And get a break from those kids , you need it. When my 4 were small I almost ripped my hair out. I used to go outside and lock the door and just sit.

imuney
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN