Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Breast feeding mom kicked out of Hollister (piog) ETA! SECOND UPDATE! This was a whole big national thing, more pics added of various locations.

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 6:58 PM
  • 131 Replies
2 moms liked this

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/20436355/2012/12/27/breast-feeding-mom-says-hollister-manager-threw-her-out I'm going to go in there and breast feed tomorrow.

UPDATE!: I drove an hour away from home, passed two malls during the trip, specifically to go to THIS Hollister and nurse. Parking was a NIGHTMARE at the Galleria, but I did it. I think they already learned their lesson from the bad press they got, the one employee who saw me said nothing and just smiled politely at me. Here's the pic...Second update! Today was the official nurse in. I wanted to go to the Galleria again, but dh didn't want to drive that far and especially didn't want me to drive that far alone, (I didn't tell him I went 'all the way' to the Galleria last time, I just said the mall, and he assumed it was the Woodlands, which is much closer, so this time I went to the Woodlands, not even knowing if anyone else was going to show up to that location. I was early, so at first I WAS doing it alone.  Then when this lady showed up I was so happy I almost cried. I was glad not to be in it alone. It was kinda awkward holding a 'protest' all by myself, knowing probably it just looked like a woman happens to be nursing here, and not really a 'nurse in'. But then I felt like a team, even if it was still only two of us :D

http://www.wvec.com/my-city/vabeach/Virginia-Beach-moms-show-support-for-breast-feeding-185767342.html

This woman and her sister were harrassed by security, who called the cops and commented, "I hope you don't mind if I suck my wife's breasts in public." Ugh!

There's lots more pics, stories about yesterday and info here http://www.facebook.com/jennie.cashmere#!/events/191004591024062/192830310841490/?notif_t=event_mall_reply

Over nine HUNDRED women participated in this! :D

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
loisl25
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:54 PM

bump

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Ok she should have said no and stated the law.  By leaving this let the store win.

loisl25
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Yeah, but I think she was too upset and shocked to think of that.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Ok she should have said no and stated the law.  By leaving this let the store win.

PerfectVirgo
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:24 AM
2 moms liked this
Outrageous. Those people who work there walk around half naked.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SWasson
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Hollister, huh. Where they don't hire anyone who doesn't have that "Hollister" look?  Where they scent the air so it smells just to walk by it in the mall? I wouldn't bring a baby in there, because of the smell, but really, who is surprised? 

loisl25
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this
No they don't.

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

PerfectVirgo
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this
They do at the holister in my local mall.

Quoting Anonymous:

No they don't.

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

momto3B
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:31 PM
10 moms liked this

I never BF my children but I am really not clear about how often one leaves the house needing to bottle or BF. I virtually NEVER gave my children a bottle while I was out. I fed them before I left and timed my return based on their need to be fed, changed and napped. 

The thought of needing to feed even a bottle to my child in a mall was not remotely appealing.  I just can't get my head around the thought of having to stop and engage in breast feeding while trying to shop. There is nothing relaxing, nor sanitary about it.  

Having an infant does not mean one never goes out, but bottle or BFing in Hollister? - gross. It may be a right but who the heck needs anything from Hollister so badly that you have to feed your child in there.  

The law is one thing, common sense it something totally different. 

AubreeGrace17
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:54 AM
2 moms liked this
Hollister isn't even in style anymore. They should have allowed it, any customer these days is probably a good thing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)