Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Sometimes I feel like I have better morals, values, and am less judgemental than....

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:25 AM
  • 42 Replies
4 moms liked this

most christians I know. Notice I said LESS judgemental not NON judgmental.

I've just been feeling very resentfull towards my husband and his family lately and its actually making me feel very sad. And things Ive been reading lately, awful words and comments towards certain people and about events that have happened lately. Example, my mother in law and I were talking about that famous atheist woman who wanted to ban prayer in school, my mother in law, a proud christian woman, said she should be shot and should burn in hell, then she made me feel like I was evil because I dont believe in god. Example, I was talking to a nieghbor of my sister, also a proud christian, he said that we should just bomb and kill every muslim/Iraq because they arent christians and they hate us. Example, I was reading a post about Piers Morgan who said something about the bible and all these christian people were saying awful things about him, very un christian like things. Then to defend themselves they say well I am not perfect, only god is perfect...as if thats some excuse to act like an asshole. Take fucking responsibility for being the jerk you are!

I would never, and have never said those kinds of things about people and guess what?.....I DONT BELIEVE IN GOD! American christians are some of the most arrogant, violent-minded people I have ever known. I thought christianity was supposed to be about love and acceptance. I have never experienced those kinds of christians in all my life. My own mother in law uses the "N" word regularly and she is by far not the only christian I have ever heard say it. I NEVER use that word, its hateful and ugly. You would think that a christian person would feel the same way..?

They want to force thier beliefs on the whole world. They want to force prayer in school, I see a post about it on facebook almost every week. WHY?? I think if a kid wants to pray, THEN PRAY, but it should not be a mandatory part of the morning routine. How much more accepting can a person get than that? But no, christians want to force the issue on everyone. They say this country was founded on god. Maybe it was but it was done so unfairly. Do you really think when the country was being founded that the people in charge asked everyone in the country what their beliefs were and then made that choice?

I am not anti god, anti prayer, or anti anything. I personally do not like religion but I feel that everyone should have the freedom to believe and practice what they want. Why cant christians, generally speaking of course, be that way? Why do they have to try and force their beliefs on others, and then make the rest of us feel like we need to be prayed for, or like we are bad people? I am good person. I do good things, I am a good wife and mother. I dont need to be prayed for. My soul is just fine. I just wish christians would do thier own thing and leave the rest of us alone. I would NEVER try to force the way I believe on them.

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:40 AM

I'm a Christian and I don't try to force my beliefs on anyone...my Atheist friends have actually told me that they appreciate that about me..

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

daiseymae2
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I agree with you. 

thatgirl70
by Carin on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I could not have said it better myself, OP.

nodramamama311
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:59 PM
One reason I included my husband in this, because I wasn't very clear, is that when his mother made me feel how she did, he didn't defend me against her. I don't think he thinks that way of me, I think he just didn't want to offend his mom. What about me though? Why doesn't anyone worry about offending me? Why am I forced to hold hands while they pray for meals? I would never ask them not to pray so why should I be forced to "participate"?
It just really gets to me, in case you couldn't tell. Geez, I've even encouraged my husband to go to church or start helping with me kids on Wednesday nights, he just made up excuses why he didn't want to. I don't understand, I support his beliefs because I love him but where's my support?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicmaker
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I know a lot of "Christians" who feel persecuted, but if you ask me, it's all in their head. I am non religious, but I never push my beliefs on anyone. Most people in my family and where I work don't even know how I feel about religion. Like you I resect their views, but I am sure they would judge me if they knew mine. I have one co worker who continually places her hands on me and prays for me. She does this at the drop of a hat. If I say I'm having a hard day, if I say I have a headache, if I say my kids are driving me nuts, etc. . . Drives me crazy.

nodramamama311
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:19 PM
I'm sure she means well but that would be annoying. And I'm sure if you asked her to stop she, or someone, would be all offended. Maybe assuming but that's been my experience with religious people.

Quoting musicmaker:

I know a lot of "Christians" who feel persecuted, but if you ask me, it's all in their head. I am non religious, but I never push my beliefs on anyone. Most people in my family and where I work don't even know how I feel about religion. Like you I resect their views, but I am sure they would judge me if they knew mine. I have one co worker who continually places her hands on me and prays for me. She does this at the drop of a hat. If I say I'm having a hard day, if I say I have a headache, if I say my kids are driving me nuts, etc. . . Drives me crazy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gabrielle1982
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

You just might be.  Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven. :)

Aivlys_
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:57 PM
3 moms liked this
Well.. not all Christians are the same! SMH..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I agree with you for the most part. I don't agree with organized religion, I feel like it breeds a lot of hate. I work with a very religious woman who says all Muslims should be killed because of how wrong their beliefs are. I have gone to church and the second the service is over the women are gossiping and talking about one another. I also know some religious people who are very respectful of others beliefs and don't try to push it on them. I think there is good and bad in every religion.

My biggest issue is that I feel like people use the Bible as an excuse to say something is wrong. If you are that religious then go by everything in the Bible, don't pick and choose what you'll follow.

nodramamama311
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:19 PM
I know and I understand why you would shake your head at this, it does seem as though I'm grouping all Christians into one group. I'm really not because I do know that not ALL of one group of people are all the same. I'm just speaking from the Christians I've personally come across. If I had to put a number on it, I'd say that 90% of them are the way I describe and the other 10% are really good Christians. That's just my personal experience. It's very disheartening.

Quoting Aivlys_:

Well.. not all Christians are the same! SMH..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)