Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

This is how my dh spends his days off from work...

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:19 PM
  • 25 Replies

Ok, to be fair he also shops, ( He went shopping three times yesterday and once today), plays video games and tells me what tasks I should be doing. Meanwhile I'm trying to get all the housechores done while taking care of a baby and refereeing fights between the 2 big kids.

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gammie
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:26 PM
He should never tell you what to do. When I hear those words they drive me nuts. You are a SAHM then you are the boss he should be helping you! It's notice that he shops but get him to help with the kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loisl25
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, when he does that I tell him I'm not his employee, and if he wants to be able to assign me tasks then I need to be paid at least 10$ an hour. LOL! If he would nicely ask me to do him a favor, I would, but he'll say it like it's a demand and that doesn't fly. Like he came home from the store and pulled out cake mix and a canister of icing and said, "You're going to bake Alan's cake this year", (his bday is in two weeks). I was planning on baking his cake anyway rather than buying it unless Alan requested otherwise, but him TELLING me that I'm going to bake it just rubs me the wrong way. Anyway, I was planning on baking it from scratch.

I told dh, then why don't YOU bake it?

Quoting gammie:

He should never tell you what to do. When I hear those words they drive me nuts. You are a SAHM then you are the boss he should be helping you! It's notice that he shops but get him to help with the kids.

loisl25
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:18 PM

BUMP!

Aivlys_
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this
He sounds lovely........ o.0
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
drewby75061
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I have the same bedspread from target lol the purple and grey on sale for $10 but I can sympathize my husband does this from time to time on his days off but not often but when he is awake he is a great help to me

snakesNsnails
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:53 PM

mine does the exact same thing.. i kept the kids quiet while he slept in, but then he wanted them quiet while he was watching the football game...they were jumping all over the couch and on him...um hello? mine pitches in some, but yesterday he was a big baby because i was sick and wouldnt fix him breakfast, so he went to his moms house to eat..now hes back upstairs napping...i love him to death though!

love the pic btw!

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Not mine .. he'd tell me "I have to much to do, I can't spend all day in bed!"  And he sure as heck wouldn't be out shopping that much!  If he did go shopping, he'd have me with him; he almost never goes without me. 

loisl25
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:36 PM
LOL, Went to his Mom's to eat. Gotta love how some men will act like they don't know how to do things they don't feel like doing.

Quoting snakesNsnails:

mine does the exact same thing.. i kept the kids quiet while he slept in, but then he wanted them quiet while he was watching the football game...they were jumping all over the couch and on him...um hello? mine pitches in some, but yesterday he was a big baby because i was sick and wouldnt fix him breakfast, so he went to his moms house to eat..now hes back upstairs napping...i love him to death though!

love the pic btw!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sabrtooth1
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Well, unless he had a personality transplant, you should have figured this out BEFORE you married him.  I've been married 35 years, and the only time my DH lies in bed is when he's sick.  And we have NO video games or systems in the house.  Our rule is that no one sits unless EVERYONE sits.

907PickleMom
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this
My DH hardly ever cleans, but he NEVER talks to me like that... Sounds like your DH has control issues..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)