Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Directtv?????

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:46 PM
  • 35 Replies

Does anyone in here have DirectTV? We have had DishNetwork for the last 8 years and I was looking at the channel packages, and the 140 for DirectTV has Animal Planet, TruTV, Identification Discovery (ID) among several others that we don't get with out DishNetwork package, and it costs less!! We have the 120 channel package with DishNetwork and it costs 59.99/month and DirecTV has the 140 channel package for 41.99/month. Not only that but we have a regular receiver (NOT DVR) now and it's connected to the living room TV and our bedroom. DirectTV I would have 3 rooms connected intead of 2 and it comes with a DVR.... I just was hoping to get an oppinion from someone who has DTV.....

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cherokeegoddess
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:53 PM

we were with dish network, direct tv and Uverse. direct tv turned out to be the best out of the 3. uverse kept jacking up their prices dish network u barely breathed and the signal would go out. especially the wind. uverse was the same way. so direct tv is probably your best bet

Erna2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Thank you! I have been trying to figure it out for days! Sooo confused....LOL!

Quoting cherokeegoddess:

we were with dish network, direct tv and Uverse. direct tv turned out to be the best out of the 3. uverse kept jacking up their prices dish network u barely breathed and the signal would go out. especially the wind. uverse was the same way. so direct tv is probably your best bet

cherokeegoddess
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:09 PM

we did the same as u lol but direct tv is your best bet. after trying all 3 their customer service is way better. and our installer gave us his number in case we had any problems.

Quoting Erna2:

Thank you! I have been trying to figure it out for days! Sooo confused....LOL!

Quoting cherokeegoddess:

GracieMay09
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:15 PM
We switched from dish network to directv about a year and a half ago and it was the BEST decision we ever made!! Not only does directv have better channel packages, their prices are lower, their dvr also holds more recordings, and their customer service is EXCELLENT!
qkforever
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:17 PM

We have had direct for years and love them.  We maid a mistake a couple of years ago and switched to dish and hated it.  After a couple of months we paid to get out of our contract and went back to direct.  We love them.  Even after many years my in laws switched over to directv also.  Those are the main ones where I live.  I don't know of any other ones.  

bellableu87
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:22 PM
We absolutly love Directv! They have wonderful service and customer service! Our cable rarely gets knocked out during storms, our bill never changes in the 3 years we have had it. And when we are behind on our payment we just call up there and they are very respectful when doing a payment arrangement. We have the highest pkg with all the movie channels and we never pay more then $139. My inlaws live next door and have Dish- they don't harly get anychannels, their cable goes out constantly and they pay the same that we do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nodramamama311
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:23 PM
LOVE directTV! We don't have many choices where we live but have had no complaints.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supernoodle2
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:11 PM

I have 4 tvs hooked up and we just switched from dish network to direct tv and I regret it every day. The dvr sucks big time, and they cost more then my dish network did after a few years. They promise me one price and how its going to save me money and it doesn't. My dh is constantly bitching about the dvr too I am not alone in this. Direct tv can lick my butt hole!

Erna2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:12 PM

We don't even have a dvr through DishNetwork....

Quoting supernoodle2:

I have 4 tvs hooked up and we just switched from dish network to direct tv and I regret it every day. The dvr sucks big time, and they cost more then my dish network did after a few years. They promise me one price and how its going to save me money and it doesn't. My dh is constantly bitching about the dvr too I am not alone in this. Direct tv can lick my butt hole!

sabrtooth1
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:15 PM

I've had DirectTV for at LEAST 10 years.  I have no complaints.  Good selection, good reception.  Whenever the price starts to creep up, we call and threaten to cancel, and they give us another deal for 6 months or a year.  We can only record one show at a time, but really, if you are recording four shows at once, WHEN will you find the time to see them all??  If we miss anything we REALLY want, we buy the episode from Amazon.  Plus, you can get a year of Hulu for less than the cost to upgrade to Uverse or Comcast.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN