Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

How would you feel?

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:56 AM
  • 30 Replies

I have a Friend who is separated from her husband and he says he will only come back on 3 conditions 1. Is that she keeps the house clean. ( she is a stay at home mom and her kids are teens)  2. She goes to get her GED.  3. He wants her to keep up her self better and get to the size that she was when they first met.   What do you ladies think?   Are these requests unreasonable?   I personally think they should stay separated and go to some counseling if they want to remain married.    Also, this is her second marriage the Kids are hers. they have no Kids together.

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momatippie
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:00 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:01 PM
She needs to leave, today! He will be an asshole forever.
momatippie
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I agree.   She says she still loves him.   Ugh

Quoting Anonymous:

She needs to leave, today! He will be an asshole forever.

gonecrazi
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:04 PM

He needs to love her just like she is...

momatippie
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:09 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Those are petty reasons to not want to be with someone. Doesn't sound like true love to me. A clean house a looks? Not a need for a healthy marriage a GED might be a deeper issue but for the most part nah.. I'd pass.

momatippie
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:23 PM

I agree.  Now, if I can just get her to realize it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Those are petty reasons to not want to be with someone. Doesn't sound like true love to me. A clean house a looks? Not a need for a healthy marriage a GED might be a deeper issue but for the most part nah.. I'd pass.

Silvia1011
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Nope!  I wouldn't get back together with someone who demands that of me.  I think keeping a house clean is important, yes.. getting her GED is great to better herself if that's what she wants, and exercise is great for HER.. but he really should not be demanding that in order for him to come back.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:27 PM

You can't. It's her life her marriage her decision and it willbe her choice.. All  you can do is be there to listen and be there when she needs you. If u push her too hard she might resent you if it's. Not what she wants to hear.. Ya know? She doesn't want to believe it now..

Quoting momatippie:

I agree.  Now, if I can just get her to realize it.

Quoting Anonymous:

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I think she should have counseling to see why she 1) doesn't clean the house 2) won't get a GED 3) let her self go?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)