Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I will never stop receiving Food Stamps

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I am a mom of 2, and me and my husband have been married for 6 years. He works as a cook at a fast food restaurant close to our home. Even with his full time income we receive over half of what is alloted for a family of 4.

My mother took me shopping the other day. I just grabbed what I wanted, but I had to put a lot back at the register. I realized that we wont be able to spend cash on food, at this rate and to try would be wasting my husbands hard earned dollars.

I think I will just remain comfortable with what we have, and hope to work for my brother in law at his restaurant. He wouldn't require that I get on his payroll so that will save us from having to report it. I know its wrong but every single penny counts.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Replies (391-392):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I didn't type that response! My niece was on my computer. She said that I left CafeMom open, so she commented! I know that even when things are reported, people still get away with things. It's stupid. I think welfare should be for a while, not forever! I know of several families that have been on it for nearly 20 years and it makes me sick. If you work full time and still can't make it, then I'm glad it's there, but for those who will only work piddly little jobs that don't pay squat, just to stay on welfare, is bullshit. I agree with what you said about the whole system being corrupt. It's a sad fact.

Quoting GertieK:

In a world where things functioned correctly, that would be a good thing to believe.  However, in a world where dependence on the government by as many people as they can possibly suck in, not likely.  I hear people talking about defrauding the govt. all the time, and even when you report it nothing happens.  Absolutely nothing.  The whole system from the very top to the very bottom is thoroughly corrupt.  Look at the whole IRS business that has come out lately, and this is the group (and actualy individual) who will be in charge of policing obamacare.  Makes you feel real confident, dosn't it?

Quoting Anonymous:

BAD idea.  They'll find out and you will be in BIG trouble!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Holly?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)