Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

We have the neon signs on us

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:52 PM
  • 12 Replies

They say "use me", "I'm not book smart", " kick me down more". 

Teachers, social workers, therapists, doctors, police, CPS workers, aquaintances all see them flashing.  So sick of them thinking they are superior to us and know more than we do.  If the majority of them knew half of what they think they know, without manipulating, twisting words, and using their almighty "power" and "status", they might actually know what real people are and what is actually going on.  How did they get so much higher on the ladder, and why is what they say gospel?  I don't get it.  And if they actually took the time to listen and know someone, that would help.  But when all you are is book smart and no common sense.......Oh and love the phrase "we have been trained in....."  How do they know what we have or haven't been "trained in"?  Oh that's right - they are smarter than us!  Ooops my bad.surprised

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto3B
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I am sorry, what are you talking about? 

Are you feeling put down by all of these people? If so, I think the issue is more yours then theirs. 

lovegrandbaby
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Just saying, from dealing with them officially and unofficially.  You tell me how they can double talk and then deny what they are saying?  I do take issue with the fact that they "are always right" and I "know nothing".  Does this offend u?  I didn't know their position and education make them superior to those of us not in those particular lines of work, because we all know none of them twist anything or lie, right?Have them go after u or ur family  and friends and see what happens. 

Quoting momto3B:

Are you feeling put down by all of these people? If so, I think the issue is more yours then theirs. 

907PickleMom
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:32 PM
I'm confused..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momto3B
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:41 PM

People can only make you feel small if you let them. I have dealt, as have many here, with the professional s you are referring to and I have honestly never felt that way. 

One of my son's teachers really tried to pull that on me, but that was about her and for me it was water off a duck. I was polite, communicated what I wanted and that was that. 

Quoting lovegrandbaby:

Just saying, from dealing with them officially and unofficially.  You tell me how they can double talk and then deny what they are saying?  I do take issue with the fact that they "are always right" and I "know nothing".  Does this offend u?  I didn't know their position and education make them superior to those of us not in those particular lines of work, because we all know none of them twist anything or lie, right?Have them go after u or ur family  and friends and see what happens. 

Quoting momto3B:

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Well, to be fair, if someone is a professional in their field and went to school for 6-10 years to so what they do then they likely ARE smarter than you. That's why they get paid. You pay these people for their professional opinions.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:38 PM

what is the problem? Did they make you feel dumb or or feel like they aren't listen to you because they think they seen it all?

lovegrandbaby
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Well books smarts doesn't make up for common sense, and no - I don't pay all these people for their professional opinions.  I could care less about their opinions, like they could care less about mine.  And, not all of them had to go to school for 6-10 years.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Well, to be fair, if someone is a professional in their field and went to school for 6-10 years to so what they do then they likely ARE smarter than you. That's why they get paid. You pay these people for their professional opinions.

lovegrandbaby
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:49 PM

They don't listen at all.  That is a fact for sure.  They tell you what they think you want to hear, or when you try to give them certain information, they think they know more about you and your family, etc than you do.  If you try to contact CPS or police about staff, teachers, etc about something that happened and they were negligent, they don't do anything cuz ya know - they don't do anything wrong.  Yet they allow bullying, let kids get away (but they aren't missing) and have staff looking for them.  Was told one gs was in a "really good hiding spot", but when questioned about him getting outside, etc, they "knew he didn't get outside".  How did they know if they didn't know where he was?  There is just a laundry list of things going on, and no lawyer or police or CPS will do anything.  Oh, and if someone comes on your property, pushes you and tries to get in your house, nothing will be done because that is "harassment at best".  So good to know.  Guess we can just go around pushing each other, etc. and nothing is done.  This is a culmination of things that have happened not only to me, but some of my aquaintances too, and some that I don't know personally but have made statements when we have group discussions at church etc.

Quoting rayroe2:

what is the problem? Did they make you feel dumb or or feel like they aren't listen to you because they think they seen it all?

rayroe2
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:52 PM

are you mad right now? I dont know what exactly happened but it sounds like someone was lost and the staff members denied it. Was anyone hurt?

Quoting lovegrandbaby:

They don't listen at all.  That is a fact for sure.  They tell you what they think you want to hear, or when you try to give them certain information, they think they know more about you and your family, etc than you do.  If you try to contact CPS or police about staff, teachers, etc about something that happened and they were negligent, they don't do anything cuz ya know - they don't do anything wrong.  Yet they allow bullying, let kids get away (but they aren't missing) and have staff looking for them.  Was told one gs was in a "really good hiding spot", but when questioned about him getting outside, etc, they "knew he didn't get outside".  How did they know if they didn't know where he was?  There is just a laundry list of things going on, and no lawyer or police or CPS will do anything.  Oh, and if someone comes on your property, pushes you and tries to get in your house, nothing will be done because that is "harassment at best".  So good to know.  Guess we can just go around pushing each other, etc. and nothing is done.  This is a culmination of things that have happened not only to me, but some of my aquaintances too, and some that I don't know personally but have made statements when we have group discussions at church etc.

Quoting rayroe2:

ColieO
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Huh?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN