Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

We have the neon signs on us

Posted by   + Show Post

They say "use me", "I'm not book smart", " kick me down more". 

Teachers, social workers, therapists, doctors, police, CPS workers, aquaintances all see them flashing.  So sick of them thinking they are superior to us and know more than we do.  If the majority of them knew half of what they think they know, without manipulating, twisting words, and using their almighty "power" and "status", they might actually know what real people are and what is actually going on.  How did they get so much higher on the ladder, and why is what they say gospel?  I don't get it.  And if they actually took the time to listen and know someone, that would help.  But when all you are is book smart and no common sense.......Oh and love the phrase "we have been trained in....."  How do they know what we have or haven't been "trained in"?  Oh that's right - they are smarter than us!  Ooops my bad.surprised

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Replies (11-12):
swthrt737
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Quoting 907PickleMom:

I'm confused..

CafeMom Tickers
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:16 AM

No because 9 times out of 10 they are correct.  That is their expertise and of course they are going to be superior in those lines of work than the avg. person off the street.

Quoting lovegrandbaby:

Just saying, from dealing with them officially and unofficially.  You tell me how they can double talk and then deny what they are saying?  I do take issue with the fact that they "are always right" and I "know nothing".  Does this offend u?  I didn't know their position and education make them superior to those of us not in those particular lines of work, because we all know none of them twist anything or lie, right?Have them go after u or ur family  and friends and see what happens. 

Quoting momto3B:

I am sorry, what are you talking about? 

Are you feeling put down by all of these people? If so, I think the issue is more yours then theirs. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN