Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Kathy Griffin's Pretend Sex Act on Anderson Cooper Really Wasn't Funny (VIDEO) What do you think of Kathy's antics?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:34 PM
  • 7 Replies

Kathy Griffin's Pretend Sex Act on Anderson Cooper Really Wasn't Funny (VIDEO)

Posted by Kiri Blakeley on January 2, 2013 at 1:03 PM

If you happened to be watching CNN's New Year's Eve special with hosts Kathy Griffin and Anderson Cooper, you probably have an image seared in your mind that you prefer had never, ever made it there in the first place: Kathy simulating oral sex on Anderson. Not just once, not twice, but at least half a dozen times. Whyyyyyyy? you ask. Ohhh, I don't know. This is Kathy Griffin. She makes a living from being vulgar. Maybe she hit the bubbly a bit too hard?

Kathy leaned her mouth over Anderson's privates several times. She also told him she wanted to "tickle" his "sac." To which Anderson, trying to be a good sport, responded, "I have no sack of Christmas presents here." To which Kathy then said she wanted to kiss his "sack of Christmas presents."

I guess this was all supposed to be funny because Anderson is gay and Kathy is famous for "loving my gays" as she puts it. I doubt this would have been considered too amusing if she was doing this to, say, Matt Lauer (though I wouldn't put anything past Kathy). But, frankly, it just wasn't very funny. Hello, Kathy. Anderson has NO interest in you, girl. He doesn't even want you down there as a joke.

Maybe if she'd done it one time, it would have been considered daring humor. But over and over again? What is so funny about embarrassing your friend on live TV, in front of not only his fans, but his employers? Granted, CNN must know that Kathy isn't exactly a sure bet as far as family-friendly entertainment goes -- Kathy and Anderson have hosted CNN's special six years in a row, and she hasn't gone one year without causing an uproar. One year, she took off her shirt. Another, she dropped the f-bomb.

The whole thing was just lame, not daring. And on another note, Kathy's face is as tight as a kettle drum. I'm surprised the woman can still use her mouth at all, let alone give a blow job.

What do you think of Kathy's antics?

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:21 PM

It's not like people don't know what she is about. If you don't want her to 'do a skit', then don't hire her. Easy-schmeazy.

mustbeGRACE
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:42 PM

That's how people like that act.

gonecrazi
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:18 PM

I love Kathy Griffin, but sometimes is is very lame.

Lunarprancer
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Sometimes she's funny, others not so much.  

With light and love

Aivlys_
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this
She is disgusting!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
spotsmom
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I love Kathy Griffin, and being outrageous and innapropriate is what she does. It's her thing. Apparently, she did it because David Letterman dared her to "see how close she could get" to performing oral sex on Anderson. And if you've watched the show every year, you can see that Kathy making Anderson as uncomfortable as she possibly can is basically the entire premise of the show. It's her job. I mean, if they let her come back after the year she yelled at a heckler, "Hey I'm working here, you don't see me showing up at your job and knocking the c**ks out of your mouth, do you?" then they aren't going to let her go over this. People tune in just to see what she will do "this year." 

coupon_ash_back
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Well if its been going on for six years, don't people know what to expect. Well..it's Kathy shouldn't people know what to expect anyway?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN