Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else live with Anemia?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:32 PM
  • 18 Replies

Can I just tell you how much I hate it!!  

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessi2girls
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:34 PM

I do..  I've lived with it so long, honestly it's just another part of my life that I no longer notice.. 

momatippie
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Sometimes I get so tired and weak I cant move.   How do you ignore it?

Quoting jessi2girls:

I do..  I've lived with it so long, honestly it's just another part of my life that I no longer notice.. 

Beenhereforever
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Yep. Have had it forever. It just takes an adjustment
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momatippie
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:38 PM

What do you mean adjustment?

Quoting Beenhereforever:

Yep. Have had it forever. It just takes an adjustment

Beenhereforever
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Well you get anemic and you need to just eat more protein (red meat , peanut butter.. Ect.. Iron pills.. You can tell when you are low because you ( I) get an odd feeling and a metallic taste when I'm low. Just try to get used to taking an iron pill every day.. That's just me though. I can't even remember how long it's been?? Between 10 and 14 I guess?
momatippie
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I am doing the Iron pills.  When I am on my period it about kills me.  I have really heavy periods.  I am just whining. sorry

Quoting Beenhereforever:

Well you get anemic and you need to just eat more protein (red meat , peanut butter.. Ect.. Iron pills.. You can tell when you are low because you ( I) get an odd feeling and a metallic taste when I'm low. Just try to get used to taking an iron pill every day.. That's just me though. I can't even remember how long it's been?? Between 10 and 14 I guess?

Beenhereforever
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Awe whine all you want. But if you can take baby spinach and make scrambled eggs and spinach. Soo good

Quoting momatippie:

I am doing the Iron pills.  When I am on my period it about kills me.  I have really heavy periods.  I am just whining. sorry

Quoting Beenhereforever:

jessi2girls
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:00 PM

when I get tired or weak I make sure to eat something with iron in it.. cereals normally at 25% daily iron needed.. so that's typically my go to thing.. 

I also make sure to take daily supplements with iron in them to help. 

Quoting momatippie:

Sometimes I get so tired and weak I cant move.   How do you ignore it?

Quoting jessi2girls:

jessi2girls
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Understandable.. that's when I'm at my worse as well.. chocolates help with the cramping at least.. lol.. I can't take BC medication because my body rejects it.. but if you CAN.. I would suggest looking into something like the depo.. or one that shortens your periods. 

Quoting momatippie:

Quoting Beenhereforever:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:49 PM
I'm 18 years old and I've had severe anemia my whole life. It sucks because I'm not allowed to donate blood, and it's hard to deal with being a dancer especially. I take 3 iron tablets every morning I last merge day and it helps a lot
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)