Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wish us luck cause im out of ideas.

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:09 AM
  • 16 Replies
Well my bil lives with us. We have been taking care of him for 3 month. Iv posted about this subject n him before he just turned 7 on saturday n his bed wetting has gotten worse. So tonight starts our wake him up in the middle of the night to go deal. He has wet threw his pdjs blanks n bed chuck for 6 days in a row i have been sick n working n my husband n i have been doing his bedding none stop. I have other things to wash!! Ugh so we just woke him up at 1045. He threw an epic fit yelling crying. Iiiimmmmm tttiiirreedd!!! Yeah so r we bud of washing ur stuff. He cried 15 min n i just said hey look go pee n we wont bug u again tonight or dont go pee n ill see u at 1am. N we will try again. Im out of ideas.
Im grumpy sick, in pain from my wisdom teeth coming in ,stressed with life crap n not in the mood to do all this, work 40+ hpurs a week n do nothing but clean n laundry time for ahit to change!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
swthrt737
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:29 AM
Limit night liquid intakes and tell lil one to go to bed early so that he may get time to wake up and pee.
Good luck.
caitipenn
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:33 AM
He actually only gets a small kids cups of water when he gets home about 5 n it has to b finished by seven so he doesnt have alot of intake but a crap load of output i just dont get it.

Quoting swthrt737:

Limit night liquid intakes and tell lil one to go to bed early so that he may get time to wake up and pee.

Good luck.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swthrt737
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:27 AM
He'll be fine now that you are putting him on a waking up to pee routine,he'll get used to waking up and he'll start doing it on his own. Give it time.
abbymomof1
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:31 AM
Have you tried the good nights pull ups for him? That would save a ton on the hassle. Some boys, and girls, don't fully sleep dry till older.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:13 AM

Do NOT wake him most doctors will tell you this is detrimental, will not help with the problem and will only leave the child exhausted from broken sleep. 

Kids bedwet quite frequently till puberty it is very NORMAL!!  You simply put him in pull ups at night.  Problem solved.  He can NOT control it and his body, specifically his bladdar is immature and will mature as he grows.

Rhonda142
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:23 AM

You do realize that some children cannot help it that it happens and sometimes worse when they have gone thru a big change. Maybe read up on the subject my son was the same the doctor told me it will stop and it did out of the blue. I washed sheets everyday he wore good nights to bed, it isn't a ideal situation but he is 7. My brother had the same issue too and again it just stopped.  Maybe talk to his Ped. 

momto3B
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:51 AM

My son is 6 and still in pull ups. He is a happy, healthy kid in every other way, no daytime bathroom issues whatsoever.  My ped has said that many boys just sleep too soundly to wake up and that 9 is really the point where one needs to be concerned. 

Give him very little to drink after 6:00 PM and put him in pull ups. I did and we are all just happier for it. 

caitipenn
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:21 AM
He wears pull ups but he over flows them.

Quoting abbymomof1:

Have you tried the good nights pull ups for him? That would save a ton on the hassle. Some boys, and girls, don't fully sleep dry till older.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jento1
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Is he embarrassed at all that he does that?  Has he expressed to you that he would like to stop or at least try to stop?  My daughter is 8 and still wets the bed as well but it doesnt bother her enough to make the effort to want to stop, or at least want to help herself stop.  Like yours, waking her at night does nothing other then cause her to have a massive fit and then I have to try to get her back to bed.  Its frustrating to have an older child that still wets the bed and its even harder when they dont care and wont make the effort to want to help themselves stop.

Jennifer

CountryLayne
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Then you need to make him go to the restroom before he goes to bed, and limit his fluids earlier than 7pm. Talk to his dr. about trying desmopressin, and see if it will help. And don't take things out on him. I get that you are tired, but from the sounds of it, he can't help it. And in the majority of the cases of bedwetting, it is totally natural.

Quoting caitipenn:

He wears pull ups but he over flows them.

Quoting abbymomof1:

Christmas 2012

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)