Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

wish us luck cause im out of ideas.

Posted by   + Show Post
Well my bil lives with us. We have been taking care of him for 3 month. Iv posted about this subject n him before he just turned 7 on saturday n his bed wetting has gotten worse. So tonight starts our wake him up in the middle of the night to go deal. He has wet threw his pdjs blanks n bed chuck for 6 days in a row i have been sick n working n my husband n i have been doing his bedding none stop. I have other things to wash!! Ugh so we just woke him up at 1045. He threw an epic fit yelling crying. Iiiimmmmm tttiiirreedd!!! Yeah so r we bud of washing ur stuff. He cried 15 min n i just said hey look go pee n we wont bug u again tonight or dont go pee n ill see u at 1am. N we will try again. Im out of ideas.
Im grumpy sick, in pain from my wisdom teeth coming in ,stressed with life crap n not in the mood to do all this, work 40+ hpurs a week n do nothing but clean n laundry time for ahit to change!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:09 AM
Replies (11-16):
balagan_imma
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM

My oldest was like this. Nothing we did could help him. His body just was not ready. It seriously took him until he was 12 or 13 to fully stop wetting the bed at night completely. He could go for a few days to a few weeks and then he'd start again.

Look for a pattern. Mine always wet more when he was really into something or stressed about something at school. We also did not let him drink past 6 pm, made sure he'd go before getting into bed for the night (he would literally forget) and occasionally wake him if we knew that he had had a late drink. All lessened, but did not stop the problem.

Some kids' bodies are just not ready.

donnadea
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:20 PM

my 8 yr old son still wets the bed almost every night. 

we have tried limiting liquid intake 3 hours before bedtime, no caffiene etc.

we tried waking him up in the middle of the night but he won't wake up fully and I can't get him to pee in the toilet while hes sleep walking lol

we tried meds for bedwetting and then they upped the dose and then they upped the dose again, they upped it a 3rd time and now his dr is refferring him to a urologist so we will have to see what happens after his appointment in 2 weeks.

caitipenn
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:13 PM
He only would get embarrassed cause he had to wear the depends cause all he thought was diapera i work in the medical field n we dont call then that so by him hearding depends or briefs it doesnt embarass him anymore. I think most of it is lazyness because he will wake up in the morning n still b wearing his soaking wet brief n hes has been up for a while.

Quoting jento1:

Is he embarrassed at all that he does that?  Has he expressed to you that he would like to stop or at least try to stop?  My daughter is 8 and still wets the bed as well but it doesnt bother her enough to make the effort to want to stop, or at least want to help herself stop.  Like yours, waking her at night does nothing other then cause her to have a massive fit and then I have to try to get her back to bed.  Its frustrating to have an older child that still wets the bed and its even harder when they dont care and wont make the effort to want to help themselves stop.

Jennifer

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gonecrazi
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:11 PM

limit night fluids,nothing after say 6 pm,make an appointment whith is doctor, so he can check for sighs of trauma.

GUTTADABOSSLADI
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:58 PM

My son does the same but he is 5. What we do is get him up an hour or two after he has had something to drink. If he does go when I hold his pee pee, then I turn on the faucet so he can hear that and that usually helps as well. Keep talking to him. After a while he will get use to it.

Eve-marie
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:24 AM

Don't let him drink anything for half hour to an hour before bedtime, and let him go pee before he goes to bed. Also you could rouse him once around 11 and make him go then. It's a real pain, I know. Other stuff gets piled up so you can stay on top of the pee, and the mattress has to be sprayed and aired. I hear ya. But the no-drinking-at-night works for most of mine. And he might fuss, but that's what kids do. Good luck mama.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)