Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Traveling while pregnant?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

We are planning on TTC in the next month.  Is it safe to travel by plane in the early weeks of pregnancy?  We will be traveling to South America, and will be doing a lot of hiking and sightseeing.  Any advice or experiences of traveling in the first weeks of pregnancy will be appreciated :)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:27 PM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't hike a lot. Traveling is usually fine. Ask your doctor. Conceiving doesn't always happen the first few months either.
GUTTADABOSSLADI
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Well when I was preggo the doctors told me I can go anywhere until I was 20 weeks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:33 PM
I went on vacation 2 weeks after I found out. Hadn't seen the ob yet and didn't ask if it was ok.

Quoting GUTTADABOSSLADI:

Well when I was preggo the doctors told me I can go anywhere until I was 20 weeks.

2kids19yrsapart
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Some countries aren't totally safe, disease-wise, to travel to, so I would wait until I got there to start TTC.  Depending on the country and how developed it is, it could be dangerous on the initial development of the baby if you are in the very early stages. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this
My dh had to get vaccines to go to S. America.

Quoting 2kids19yrsapart:

Some countries aren't totally safe, disease-wise, to travel to, so I would wait until I got there to start TTC.  Depending on the country and how developed it is, it could be dangerous on the initial development of the baby if you are in the very early stages. 

BL2010
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I would call your OB and check with them first.

clp0930
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Ask a doctor, but I was in India for a lot of my pregnancy & dd is fine.

Marimaru
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:48 AM

If you're in good shape, continuing physical activity is fine.  I worked out with a personal trainer 3 times a week throughout my whole 2nd pregnancy.  You should be able to travel by flight fine up until about 30 weeks.  After that point some airlines request a note from your doctor saying they think it's okay.

acartee23
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:49 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)