Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

How many of you moms read to your baby?

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:30 AM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

I read to my 6 month old and I've been doing it every day even when he was in my tummy.

I all ready have part of a book memorized.

It's called, "There's a Wocket in my Pocket." By Dr. Suess.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alaskanewbie
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:53 AM

We read every day. I am 24 weeks pregnant, but I have 2 older step childern. Every night we read outloud, taking turns reading a few pages.Currently we are reading "Charloette's Web." We just finished "Holes." The kids love it. Sometimes they read really loudly toward my belly so that the baby can hear! Even if we get busy and forget the kids remind us at bed time. Other than dinner time, it is one time we canall get together.

mackiebugsmom
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:56 AM
I have a 9 year old and a 2 year old, I read to them both but lately my 9 year old does the reading because she loves it, I do still read to my 2 year old at bedtime though :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Chakita0912
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I read to both girls before bed.

ahalpern831
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:03 PM
I ready to my Dd, well when she let's me, she's 11 months and ever since she started walking she's been on the move, lol. I do read at least once a day though.
gonecrazi
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:07 PM

I read to all 4 of mine. Now my 10 y/o reads to me.

Roo1234
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I started reading to my oldest when she was just a couple of months old.  She stayed calmer if I talked to her (apparently my voice was soothing to her) but it was difficult to always find something to say.  So I started reading.  Sometimes it was poetry (Shel Silverstein, Shakespeare, etc.) sometimes is was the newspaper or the book I wanted to read for myself.  

Eventually as she got older I read her choices aloud rather than mine.  As her brothers followed quickly after her, they were just in the habit of hearing the stories and soon picked their own to add to the pile.

storkradio193
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Before naps and bed every day. 

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

PEEK05
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:05 PM

I do.

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Nope never read to any of my kids as babies.  Started before bed maybe around 3yrs old and now my 6yr old reads to me before bed. 

vickiheitzler
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:36 PM
I read to my son everyday, he is one and he picks out books from his bookshelf for me to read.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)