Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Things my mother says that get on my nerves (vent)

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:58 PM
  • 10 Replies

1. "Well you and your sister slept well from the day I brought you home. You're not trying hard enough to get your daughter on a schedule." (my dd has acid reflux and colic, she goes to dr Fri)

2. "I didn't get any stretch marks from my pregnancies" Congratulations on winning the genetic lottery mom.

3."I weighed less after having you than before I got pregnant" Good. Good for you. I'm by no means big but I'm still a little bigger.

4."Breastfeeding is gross. You'll look terrible in a few years." Its healthiest for dd, I'm able to with no problems, and hopefully my appearance isn't the only thing I have going for me.

5. "You look so hard with dark hair." Um...I'm a natural brunette just like YOU!!! I love my mom but I wish she didn't nitpick quite so much.

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
clp0930
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Me looking hard with dark hair:

kellymarie323
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Hugs! I think you're pretty. Sorry she's saying such mean things to you :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KayLundy3
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Oh geeze :( I'm sorry. I think you look pretty with dark hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

my mom is dead.   I would kill to have my mother bitch at me one more day.  Also, you have beautiful hair, just ignore it.

winnie100
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I laughed a little reading this only because I know what you mean. My mom doesn't say a lot of that stuff to me. But I do hear A Lot from my dad about how just about everything I do is wrong. :0/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
clp0930
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:13 PM

i'm sorry you lost your mom. 

We're actually very close, she just bugs me some days.

Quoting Anonymous:

my mom is dead.   I would kill to have my mother bitch at me one more day.  Also, you have beautiful hair, just ignore it.

Jessy613
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Quoting KayLundy3:

Oh geeze :( I'm sorry. I think you look pretty with dark hair.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I figured you were.  They only nit pic because they love us.

Quoting clp0930:

i'm sorry you lost your mom. 

We're actually very close, she just bugs me some days.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:45 PM
You mother passed away so she has to love every single thing her mother does and says?

Quoting Anonymous:

Shopsha0911
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:55 AM

It's really hard but you need to let her know how you feel. I wish i would have stood up to my mom a bit more and not let her walk all over me and put me down. 

She is not well now(Final stages of brain cancer-year 5) so there is no point in telling her I stuff i should have told her years ago. Family dynamic is so hard to change.

You look great so don't let her get you down!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)