Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

At what age is it too old to be spanking your kids?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:44 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

I remember when I was 5 years old, my step dad would spank his 16 or 17 year old son.

Would you spank your older children if you thought it was working?

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MaddiesMama09
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I think anything older than 10 is just ridiculous
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:07 PM
9 or 10
sabrtooth1
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Your step father was an abuser.  Hopefully you did not learn by example.  ONE slap on a toddler's hand, or ONE slap on a backside, is more than enough to get their attention.  After that you discipline with natural consequenses.

Elyssa414
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:08 AM
I'm not a spanker, so any age is too old for MY kids. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EDDES
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Depends on the child's mentality but normally there is a lot of talking involved and there is communication in order to establish what needs to be the ground rules in a household at all times no matter what the ages are of the children....like rules that apply are no lying, no getting over, no hitting each other.....the only one who spanks in this house is me and I am the only one who sets the ground rules for the household so I call the shots because I am the mother and I am the adult.little flowerNo listening and no obeying equals a time out which is not fun for my five and half year old soon to be six years old and he knows what does come after that if continues to disobey....spank on the buttocks which he hates......so he knows that when he obeys he gets the park, ice cream, computer time, a toy, fun time, reading time to relax with one of his books and I do the reading to him so he gets blessed either way as long as he does not disobey and give me hard times to get things done in the house....fun time is fun time and work time is work time and work time can be fun but the work has got to get time....like picking up toys and vacuming, cleaning the house and doing the laundry together.sweepingdoing laundrywashing dishesshopping 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:33 AM

No, never "spanked" my child anyway. At that age you could find things to take away or you could just talk to them????

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN