Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

SAHM how do your mornings start off ?

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:41 AM
  • 36 Replies
I have a routine for my mornings makes my mornings a lot easier I'm interested in what other SAHM mornings are like :) mine begins at 6am I get up have my coffee and make my 2 girls and son's lunch for school and have their backpacks ready. Then 6:45 I wake them up I have my girls get dressed first though because they take longer so while the girls are getting ready I get my sons breakfast ready by the time the girls are ready he's done so I get there's ready while they eat I get my son dressed. After my girls are done I do their hair and they have about 15mins before we have to head out the door so i get my youngest son ready he's not in school yet. Then after that get all their gear ready and have them get dressed then off we go I have to drive about 10mins from my house to their bus stop cause the bus refuses to come to our road. And when I get back that's where I relax for about an hour before i start my usual house work :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LowryCuisine
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:38 AM

My alarm goes off at 6:30, DH wakes the kids up, I stumble around my house like a zombie, make me a cup of coffee, DH leaves for work buy 6:45, I turn on my computer, talk to the kids, make sure the younger 2 are showered, dressed, and ready for school, the oldest is homeschooled so he gets ready after they do. 7:55 the younger 2 leave for school, Oldest makes his breakfast, and then his lessons start. House cleaning doesn't happen till lesson are over or the weekend.

mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:50 AM

5:15 am- wake up, get dressed 

Coffee and breakfast

Then, I get my Bible time

6:30- wake the kids up and get them ready for school

7:30- out the door to take the kids to school

7:35- at the gym ( it is next to their school) 

10:30- home to do some housework

Noon- pick up my youngest from school

Home for lunch

2:30- pick up my oldest and then the rush happens with Karate, Church, homework, dinner, etc..

Today was slightly off since I had to go to the allergist and get my shots.. feeling pretty crappy right now so I am chilling out watching a movie for a bit to recuperate.

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

winnie100
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:46 AM
My mornings are usually pretty chaotic. I don't have a set time that I wake up but it's usually between 530 and 6 a.m. my boys usually climb in bed around the same time my husband gets up for work which is 530. After I'm up which is usually no later than 6, I get the boys lunches together. I let them watch cartoons for a little bit. By 630-7am I try to get them up and dressed. Then I fix breakfast if I haven't already. I let them play or watch cartoons until about 830 when we leave. Everyday is different. I just try to have it as calm as possible. :0)
mrsrobins2012
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Sounds like your days can be very busy

Quoting mcginnisc:

5:15 am- wake up, get dressed 

Coffee and breakfast

Then, I get my Bible time

6:30- wake the kids up and get them ready for school

7:30- out the door to take the kids to school

7:35- at the gym ( it is next to their school) 

10:30- home to do some housework

Noon- pick up my youngest from school

Home for lunch

2:30- pick up my oldest and then the rush happens with Karate, Church, homework, dinner, etc..

Today was slightly off since I had to go to the allergist and get my shots.. feeling pretty crappy right now so I am chilling out watching a movie for a bit to recuperate.

bellableu87
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:00 PM
We home school so our morning starts whenever the kids wake up btwn 8-9. I make breakfast and lay clothes out for everyone. While kids eat I change and feed my 3 month old. Then its clean up, a little outside play before we start our school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gonecrazi
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:13 PM

My day starts at 4:30. First is coffee and get dh up for work. 5:00 wake ds (16) up for school. He showers before school.5:30 get ds (10) meds and toothbrush ready.6:00 get ds up for school, get him dressed. He has adhd so it takes a while.6:40 takes boys to bus stop.7:05 come home from bus stop. Start housework, shower, and my day begins.

loisl25
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:56 PM

The alarm goes off at 6:35. I have it set on my phone, and my phone is in the living room. That way, it's theoretically loud enough to wake me up but not loud enough to wake the baby. So, if the baby is still asleep, (which I always hope for becasue that makes it MUCH easier), I get out of bed and go pick out my older kids' clothes, throw them at them and say, "Time to get up, my Lovelies!", then I go into the kitchen and pour their cerial and start making their lunches. If either of them are not at the table by the time I finish making their lunches, (usually dd), I go back in there and make sure shes awake and tell her to please hurry.

Then, after they eat, I brush dd's hair, (it's all the way to her waist), and fix it. Then I tell them to get their shoes and socks on and teeth brushed. For some reason that takes them at least 10- 15 minutes. Then, when they're finally ready, if the baby's still sleeping I go get her and put her in the carseat and we load up in the car and go sit at the bus stop, where I try to read until the busses arrive. I say 'try' because usually my ds is talking to me and asking me questions too much for me to really be able to concentrate on my book.

That's an example of the BEST case scenario. It CAN be and often is much more chaotic than that, lol. For instance, this morning, I wake up hearing the alarm, and notice the baby is actively nursing, so I try to lie there a few more minutes, hoping she'll nurse herself back to sleep so I can have an easier time getting the other kids ready. No such luck, after maybe 5- 10 minutes she starts babbling at me, indicating she's ready to get up. So, I get up and pick her up and glance at the clock and realize that when I heard the alarm go off it must not have been the first time it went off, because now it's 7:12, and my goal is usually to be OUT the door by 7:10, and the busses actually arrive around 7:30.

So, I go, while carrying the baby on my hip, and try with only one hand, (which is not easy) to get the kids clothes off their hangers and toss them at them and tell them it's time to get up and that I will have to drive them to school today. Then I go into the kitchen to make their breakfast, but we are out of cerial, so, (ok, please don't judge, I don't do this often, I was desperate and in a hurry!), I put a bag of powdered donuts on the table and pour each of them a glass of milk.

After they eat breakfast I do dd's hair and have them get their shoes and socks and brush their teeth, dd, as usual, can't find her shoes, but then I see them and tell her where they are. So, we load up and I take them to school. Dd's school is maybe a mile or less away, but ds's is a 15 minute drive. I decide that as long as we're already out, I may as well redeem my birthday coupon for a free Rooty Tooty Fresh and Fruity meal at IHOP, (and for that reason the baby and I are out of our pj's and dressed too), and we go to IHOP. My meal is free, but the white chocolate coffee I'm seeing signs for looks tempting, so I order that too, but don't end up paying for, (or for that matter, drinking), that either because there's a little hair stuck to one of the while chocolate chips on it.

apixieprincess
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:57 PM
4 moms liked this

Coffee, lots of coffee.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:22 PM

DH wakes me with coffee in bed and a kiss. We then take a shower together. When we get out, we wake the kids who eat breakfast. Daddy goes off to work and I get the three year old dressed while the van is warming up. Off we go to drop of my 13 year old. Then we return home and do anything we want.

SoKamele
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Coffee........lots of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN