Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

SAHM how do your mornings start off ?

Posted by   + Show Post
I have a routine for my mornings makes my mornings a lot easier I'm interested in what other SAHM mornings are like :) mine begins at 6am I get up have my coffee and make my 2 girls and son's lunch for school and have their backpacks ready. Then 6:45 I wake them up I have my girls get dressed first though because they take longer so while the girls are getting ready I get my sons breakfast ready by the time the girls are ready he's done so I get there's ready while they eat I get my son dressed. After my girls are done I do their hair and they have about 15mins before we have to head out the door so i get my youngest son ready he's not in school yet. Then after that get all their gear ready and have them get dressed then off we go I have to drive about 10mins from my house to their bus stop cause the bus refuses to come to our road. And when I get back that's where I relax for about an hour before i start my usual house work :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Replies (11-20):
robbinsroost
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:35 PM

We get up at 6:20. Kids must be dressed and downstairs by 6:30. Clothes are already set out so dressing goes quickly. DH or I will fix breakfast and kids have until 6:45 to eat. They have missed breakfast before and now they work hard to get downstairs quickly. While the kids are eating DH and I get their lunches packed and put them in the backpacks. After breakfast kids brush teeth, then get shoes and coat on. If the morning goes smoothly the kids are ready by 7. We do a family devotional before the bus comes at 7:20, it stops in front of our house.

After the older 3 kids leave DH will head to the gym or get breakfast and head upstairs to work. I get breakfast for me and the baby. I then relax until about 9 and get us dressed.

Venae
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Wow - I can't believe how early you all wake up!  Before the kids were in preschool, we got up around 8:30 or 9:00; sometimes lucky enough to sleep until 10:00!  (Husband was up at 5:00 to go to work).  Preschool (age 4) started at 9:00 so we didn't have to wake up until 8:00.  Elementary school started at 8:30 so we didn't have to leave the house until 8:10, got up at 7:30.  Not until they started high school did I have to start getting up early (6:45).

Luckily, all of our schools are less than 2 miles away.

Levisaurus
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Our mornings don't start until about 8:30-9am. We cosleep, so usually after DS wakes up, we lay in bed and nurse and play alittle before actually getting up. I set him down on a blanket with some toys, turn on a DVR'd episode of bubble guppies, and make myself some breakfast. I then sit down next to him while I eat, giving him bites of whatever I've made if he wants it. After that, we play around on the floor with his toys until about 11-12pm roughly, or whenever I notice he's getting tired and fussy. I take him back to the bedroom, nurse him to sleep, move him to his crib and slip out of the room. During his naps, I enjoy some quiet time for myself and try to squeeze in as many chores as I can before he wakes up. After his nap, we do any errands that I need to get done, or play some more until Daddy gets home.

stargaze281
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this

wow you moms wake up so early.! My day usually starts by me waking up at 9am or 10am, and then my tot wakes up, so I wash up/get dressed and have my coffee, and feed my tot. But my dh gets up way ealier to leave for work though. I have woken up around 6am sometimes too. Then I start my day, with errands, with my toddler, and so on.

ktp111
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:12 AM

I had the same problem as the school bus would not go down our rockyroad, It was hard for me to walk just even the 2 blocks away for the bus to stop at, especcially in the ice and snow. Then theother kids would be having snowball fights,throwing rocks etc I felt lke I had to keep my eye on all of them as the other mothers just ignored the whole  thing -It was very chaotic. that was years ago. now he drives and is thankful i went down there with him.

Eve-marie
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:17 AM
I'm up by 6, make sure their drinks are in the freezer, put lunch for my oldest, get a cup of tea while the cats eat. It's my only quiet time in the day, cat teeth crunching and the tea boiling, you can breathe in the honey vanilla camomile and commune with God. And then it all goes to hell :) I get their breakfast and wake them up and sometimes I have to threaten 2 of them to get them out of bed. They all shower the night before so only the oldest showers again, unless someone wet the bed. By 7:30 breakfast is over, their teeth cleaned and they are dressing for school. My oldest is autistic so he usually eats while the others are dressing. He likes to eat breakfast alone. When they're dressed I let them watch TV or play the Wii until their father picks them up. I go out to the truck with them. When they're gone (ha-llelujah) I do my workout DVD, eat some cereal (special K with almond milk, of course) and start cleaning the kitchen. No workout today, it's a rest day. So I put a load in the wash and came to check my email.
Kool_Aide
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:21 AM

COFFEE!

I wake up at 6am, start coffee.

wake up kids, breakfast, showers, (I pack lunches the night before) and off to the bus.

drink coffeeeeeeeee!!

Then I usually have more coffee. With a side of coffee. 

Karopie_99
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:45 AM
My alarm is when my 4 yr old comes in my bed and pounces on me, or the 16 month old stands up in her crib saying Up Up Up! That's usually anywhere between 730-8am. My SO leaves for work at 8. I start the coffee and change the babys diaper and get her dressed for the day. The 4yr old, i dont bother dressing (unless were going out) cause she does multiple outfit changes a day! then I make them breakfast, clean up whatever mess was made. Then the girls usually end up in the playroom for a bit,so I tale advantage and do as much cleaning as i can while they are playing. We have lunch 12-1230, then the baby typically takes a nap till 330. And during that time, the 4yr old and i will do arts n crafts, counting, letters, writing, etc. Then when the baby wakes up its about time to head off to the chiro, and karate class. Home for dinner, bathtime, clean up dinner mess and do dishes. The kids go to bed 845-9pm and once they are down I will clean up the house so i have a fresh start the next morning them to rip it apart again LOL. I don't have a minute to minute schedule like most of you moms have, but my day is pretty standard day to day. But theres always a hiccup here and there that determines if things stay on schedule or not
Kellileanne
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I am usually up by 7am and we get dressed, have breakfast, then I drive dd1 to school.  After I get back I drink the rest of my coffee and start laundry/the dishwasher and sit down on the computer for a bit--unless the baby is fussy or dh is hogging the computer.

aarensmommy
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:04 AM

i get up between 630-645 wake ods up (usually ds2 n dd will be awake also) get them all downstairs make breakfast, while boys are eating i change n feed dd (11m) then brush teeth get shoes n coat ready for ds1 most times it is roughly 720 by that time. then i send him off to the bus at 735

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN