Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

SAHM how do your mornings start off ?

Posted by   + Show Post
I have a routine for my mornings makes my mornings a lot easier I'm interested in what other SAHM mornings are like :) mine begins at 6am I get up have my coffee and make my 2 girls and son's lunch for school and have their backpacks ready. Then 6:45 I wake them up I have my girls get dressed first though because they take longer so while the girls are getting ready I get my sons breakfast ready by the time the girls are ready he's done so I get there's ready while they eat I get my son dressed. After my girls are done I do their hair and they have about 15mins before we have to head out the door so i get my youngest son ready he's not in school yet. Then after that get all their gear ready and have them get dressed then off we go I have to drive about 10mins from my house to their bus stop cause the bus refuses to come to our road. And when I get back that's where I relax for about an hour before i start my usual house work :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Replies (21-30):
Mom2five87
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Get up @ 7, get dressed and ready... get my 5 year old up and ready and on the bus.... get my 7 year old up and ready and drop him off at school.... come home and wake up the twins (2) and give them breakfast (and eat my breakfast) .... then it's whatever needs done. Errands, cleaning, whatever. Then  I get my 5 year old off the bus at 12:30 and pick my 7 year old up from school at 3:30.

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Shelby212302
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:34 PM
usually at 4am the baby wakes me to play/eat. then the 3year old Wake a up around 7 demanding food because he is "super starving"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
907PickleMom
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Get up around 730
DS doesn't get the bus until 8:40
Make coffee
Get DS breakfast and get him out the door.
Bus picks up 3 houses down.
Feed dd if she is awake.. She likes to sleep late sometimes.
Drink coffe and check email. I am NOT a morning person at all.
Do laundry/dishes somewhere in there
Eat breakfast.
Take a shower.
Clean, or run errands or take DD to story time or play time
Tuesday morning we volunteer in DS's class.
jjchick75
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Looking at these schedules makes me thankful for mine LOL! We wake up about 9. First order of business is breakfast after everyone is done eating I get them dressed. We usually do something to run off some energy. Go outside and play or run around inside if the weather isn't nice. Then we do preschool lessons with the 4 year old and my 2 year old twins like to take part sometimes too. We finish up with that about noon. I get lunch ready, everyone eats and everyone lays down for nap time(except me and my oldest daughter). They don't have to sleep if they aren't tired but they do have to lay down and relax and be quiet for a bit and then they get up and play quietly. While the little kids are down for their nap/quiet time I used to help my oldest with her school but she graduated in December and is getting ready to start college! So I don't know what I'll do with my afternoons now lol. After they get up is usually when we head to town if we need anything in town. If not we'll do arts and crafts or go back outside for awhile. 5 o'clock I start getting supper ready. We eat at 6 and then it's baths and bed. And then the second part of my day starts and that involves cleaning, laundry, tending to the animals(we have a bunch including horses and chickens), sit down with my husband while he eats around 9, and then bath and bed for me so I can do it all again the next day lol.

MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I wake up at 6:30,wake my daughter up.Get her breakfast.I get dressed while she eats,then she gets dressed.I do her hair,she brushes her teeth.She has about 10 minutes to watch tv while we wait on the bus and then we head out to the bus stop.Bus comes at 7:10 and then I head back to bed to try to get a little more sleep.I have her lunch made and back pack ready and clothes laid out the night before so we never have to bother with all that in the mornings.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I have a 4 and 2 year old and my mornings are hectic and VERY EARLY.  No matter how I try to organize it, I always end up having 5 things happen at the same time.  LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:01 PM

This pic is why my coffee ha to be in hand before I start getting the kids up at 6 am. lol

louzannalady
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I woke up at 7:30 and asked DH if he wanted me to fix him breakfast. He said no, so I crawled back into bed with DS1 (almost two years old) and DS2 (almost six months old) and the dogs (at the foot of the bed!). I work up at 9:30 when DS2 was fussing about his diaper. I quickly changed it and tried to get him back out. He is too much of a morning person (like his Daddy, dang him! Lol!)... So, he wasn't going back out. By ten, DS1 woke up. I put DS2 in the pack and play and the dogs followed me as I put DS1 over the baby gate and we went to the bathroom. We brushed our teeth and I peed and he played with everything I tell him not to... Then, we come back into the living room and DS1 sits at his table and eats a banana and I eat a bowl of cereal with DS2 plays with big Duplo blocks on the floor and a spinning toy (you put the blocks in and the spin out and down a ramp). I check into my social media, then go and do dishes and get DS1 some more food. Then, DS2 about an hour in the kitchen wants attention, so I nurse him and play with DS1 as he tells me every word he knows and keeps showing me his feet.... Then, that is pretty much the rest of my day. Nursing. Cleaning. Reading. Playing. Building. Cleaning. Nursing. Playing. Reading. Building. With the occasional social media "Mommy" break! Lol! 

Autumn22
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:47 PM
I wake up to my husbands alarm clock... Look around and think "oh god, I just fell back to sleep!" Unlatch my nursling from my nipple, stumble out of my bedroom and open my daughters' door and tell them to get up, get dressed, brush their teeth and put their shoes and coats on. By this time, if I had any hopes of cuddling back up to my baby to fall back to sleep, they have been crushed by my 3 year old waking up. I instruct him to go pee. I give him cereal, turn on the tv, make some coffee and wish for 230 to hurry so I can take a nap. :) lol
lucsch
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:54 PM

I sleep in nearly every day. My dh gets himself up and off to work by himself and so does my ds18, a senior in high school. My dd9 and I homeschool, so we get started on that sometime mid-morning. I am not a morning person--never have been--so when I quit my job of 17 years 10 years ago to be a stay at home mom, I said goodbye to my alarm clock! LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)