Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

SAHM how do your mornings start off ?

Posted by   + Show Post
I have a routine for my mornings makes my mornings a lot easier I'm interested in what other SAHM mornings are like :) mine begins at 6am I get up have my coffee and make my 2 girls and son's lunch for school and have their backpacks ready. Then 6:45 I wake them up I have my girls get dressed first though because they take longer so while the girls are getting ready I get my sons breakfast ready by the time the girls are ready he's done so I get there's ready while they eat I get my son dressed. After my girls are done I do their hair and they have about 15mins before we have to head out the door so i get my youngest son ready he's not in school yet. Then after that get all their gear ready and have them get dressed then off we go I have to drive about 10mins from my house to their bus stop cause the bus refuses to come to our road. And when I get back that's where I relax for about an hour before i start my usual house work :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Replies (31-36):
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:09 PM

I make dh's lunch the night before & he makes his own coffee in the morning, said he can do that himself so I can just stay in bed ... he's sweet like that!  Dd can also get herself up & out on her own, although I'm still usually up by the time she does leave.  Dh usually gets up about 5:45 and is out by 6:30; dd leaves about 8:30.  I usually get up between 7-7:30.  I get up, make my coffee & head for the computer ... check email, facebook & then spend some time on CM before starting my day.  My day consists of whatever I decide I want it to consist of basically.  When the kids are grown and out of the house (well, all but 1 & that one is basically on her own) you can pretty much do that.  And with my health issues, what I can do household wise is somewhat limited and I need more help now, so I get that from dd &  dh. 

moonlitnitz
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:14 PM
I am up at 6 am put the coffee on then at 630 i get the kids up. They get dressed and are out the door at 7 to catch the bus. Their bus stop is right in front of our house. Then i lay in bed for about an hour and enjoy my coffee and either read or get on the computer then itss up to start the cleaning.
hurricane37
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:31 PM

I have to get my diabetic son up at 5:45 because he has to take his shot and he is such a slow eater and the bus comes at about 6:45. I have to stay after him almost the whole time to make sure he gets ready and eats. I have to get my autistic son up and get his clothes for him so he can get ready for school, and tell my older daughter to get up and get ready all while trying to keep the noise down to keep them from waking the baby up, which usually doesnt work. it is quite a chaotic morning every morning.

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:39 AM
COFFEE
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rhiannon1980
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Get up 730 brush my teeth
Go get my coffee and sit back in bed wait for ds to get up. (He is 2 1/2)
When he gets up have him try to use the big boy potty
Get him something to eat.
Sit and snuggle with him through one of his shows (his snuggles are not going to last forever)
From there depends on the day.
Today I will leave him here at the house with grandma for a bit while I go to the store.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
heavenlybliss19
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:55 AM

With lots of coffee - I am not a morning person.  Typically, it's breakfast, get dressed, start the cleaning.  My daughter and I have the same sleep schedule to ensure she's not awake while I'm asleep.  She's only 2, so no structured school but we play learning games throughout the day to keep her stimulated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)