Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Can you file now using Turbo Tax?  even with the IRS not accepting returns yet?

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Replies (11-20):
momatippie
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:04 PM

No. I ave not tried anything yt.  I am going to try in a bit when Dh gets home. I am curious what we are geting back too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you fill out the form on turbo tax? Just curious.... SO got his W2 also. I wanted to fill out the form to see what the refund would be. The site I usually use won't let me fill it out the form until they start accepting them on January 22.

Quoting momatippie:

My Husband just got his W2 today.

Quoting Mechelle01:

We haven't even go anything tax papers in the mail yet!

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Don't know we use an accountant and don't go until Feb.

Shopsha0911
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Not until January 30th, the IRS changed the date yesterday. The forms will not be complete until January 30th. 

I work for an accounting firm. 

Turbo Tax is fine if your a w-2 employee without a bunch of 1099 income. When you get into complicated issues its cheaper in the long run to use a real accountant. 

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:22 AM

We buy Turbo Tax (I don't use the website, so that might be the difference between filling it out now, and not being able to). 

I love Turbo Tax! It walks you through everything! I have been using it for 8 yrs now and wonder why I EVER paid someone to do it for me. I now skip to what I know I need. It will even then at the "review" double check things. 

We have only had 1 issues, and that was NYS in 2010 decided that a number from my DH's W2 didn't match what they had, however, we never could find, and my DH's work never found it so we figure the state wanted to hold onto our money longer.

emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:38 AM

no

gonecrazi
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:15 PM

good question, we use turbo tax too.

Nikah2006
by New Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:09 PM

If you have used HR block in person why not use them online?  they also have an estimation part too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:54 PM
I use tax act. It let me submit it for edible but them I got an email saying this:

Note: The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will begin the processing of federal electronically filed returns on Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013.

We will hold your information and automatically submit it to the IRS for processing when their systems become available. Please do not submit your federal electronically filed return to us a second time.

Please do not expect an acknowledgement on your federal electronically filed return until Wednesday, January 23rd, 2013.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Oops. Stupid autocorrect. Its suppose to say "submit it for efile"
Mzlove89
by New Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:38 PM

i file mine already with my last paystub i do mine in jackson h

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)