Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Obama may take executive action alone against guns

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How do you feel about this???

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=20545009

Biden: Obama may act alone to combat gun violence

Updated: Jan 9 2013 1:19 PM CST

by Marshall Stephens

1 of 1 Images

WASHINGTON, D.C. -

Vice President Joe Biden is hearing personal stories of gun violence from representatives of victims groups and gun-safety organizations as he works on the Obama administration's response to the shooting at a Connecticut elementary school.

Biden's meeting Wednesday is part of a series he's holding this week to build consensus around proposals to curb gun violence after the Dec. 14 shooting in Newtown, Conn., in which 20 school children were killed.

He told participants that he and President Barack Obama are determined to act.

"The president is going to act. Executive orders, executive action, can be taken," Biden told reporters before meetings with groups representing survivors of mass shootings. "We haven't decided what this is yet, but we're compiling it all with the help of the attorney general and all the rest of the Cabinet members."

Legislative action also is needed, Biden said.

"I'm convinced we can affect the well-being of millions of Americans, and take thousands of people out of harm's way, if we act responsibly," he said.

Participants included the Brady Campaign to End Gun Violence and groups from Arizona, Illinois and Wisconsin. Also present were two survivors of the Virginia Tech shooting.

Obama has asked Biden to deliver policy proposal by the end of the month.

Copyright 2013 KLTV. All rights reserved.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Replies (91-92):
Venae
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Isn't it funny how all those who don't want us to protect ourselves surround THEMSELVES w/people w/guns? Obama's daughters have armed protection at school- and Obama gets ARMED PROTECTION for the rest of his life. But fuck the rest of us - our lives aren't worth protecting - and we're asking to do it OURSELVES - not at taxpayers' expense!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:25 PM
I would be fine with it... Right after he gives up his and his families ARMED guards.

I also would gladly pay more taxes and no pay raises (military pay) right after him and the white house vote for themselves to not get pay increases... (And yes i've emailed the president this, i never got an answer though, Imagine that)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN