Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

These numbers are starting to scare me

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Yup...going to start some drama but oh well. I decided not to do flu shots this year. I have in the past, but decided to take the risk this year cuz i have heard horrible things about the shot. I also heard that the strain going around isnt even covered by the vaccine.

So far none of my kids even show signs of a cold let alone flu, but i just heard there have been 18 deaths in my state alone. I'm really starting to get concerned and debating if i should rush them all to the dr. for their shots. I really dont want to give it to them but these numbers are alarming!

My kids are good hand washers and take vitamins. I know that doesnt fully protect them but hoping it helps.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Replies (11-20):
AmyL3469
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:57 AM
2 moms liked this

They're your kids, it's your choice. I've never had the flu shot before this year but my idiot husband talked me into it. My arm was swollen and sore for a week and it made me super light headed for a few days too. I'd rather have just been sick for a few days than deal with that.

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:58 AM
3 moms liked this

We do not do flu shots.

3KidsOneMom
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:59 AM

They said on the Today Show this morning that the flu vaccine is a perfect match this year.

CountryLayne
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:04 AM
3 moms liked this

No one in my household gets the flu shot- we never have. And, we have yet to get the flu.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:10 AM

We all had the flu.It was horrible.My bil got it and he also had the flu shot

MaddieBsMommy
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

yep exactly this.....and the reason some who have gotten the shot are still getting it is because there are 3 strains, and one of them is only 70% respondent to the shot, still a better odd than not at all....and my doc office also said those cases of ppl who've had the shot coming in with the flu are MUCH less sick than those who haven't gotten it at all....I say go asap and hope that in the two weeks it takes for the shot to work....they don't get it, it's horrible this year!

Quoting Anonymous:

Wrong, the strain of flu matches the shot to a tee. The flu is worse this year than in the past too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:10 AM

We haven't gotten the flu shot in 3 years.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:12 AM
There is a state of emergency in the Boston area, the flu is so bad. Hasn't been a bad year like this in 10 years.
AM-BRAT
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:13 AM
3 moms liked this

Every. Single. Year. The flu comes on like crazy and everyone freaks when people die.

Don't be shocked next year folks just try to keep yourselves healthy.

HippieMomma86
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

My whole family has never received the flu shot and I'm not worried at all. We are healthy and rarely get sick. The only time I was slightly worried was with h1n1 and even then we still didn't get a shot. Just keep on them about handwashing, eating right and avoiding sick people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN