Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

These numbers are starting to scare me

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Yup...going to start some drama but oh well. I decided not to do flu shots this year. I have in the past, but decided to take the risk this year cuz i have heard horrible things about the shot. I also heard that the strain going around isnt even covered by the vaccine.

So far none of my kids even show signs of a cold let alone flu, but i just heard there have been 18 deaths in my state alone. I'm really starting to get concerned and debating if i should rush them all to the dr. for their shots. I really dont want to give it to them but these numbers are alarming!

My kids are good hand washers and take vitamins. I know that doesnt fully protect them but hoping it helps.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Replies (31-40):
icn_mom
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:29 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I've heard a bunch of people go to the dr. and they tell them they have type A. Not covered by the shot.

exactly... I cannot believe anyone would believe that the flu shot is what keeps them flu free.. as a matter of fact when my DH gets the shot, he is sick as a dog, when he doesnt he doesnt even get a sniffle!!!! amazing!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Same way any vaccine is not fool proof. No vaccine is 100% ever.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

If you do get the flu it is less of severity. Google it and the strain and the shot do match. It has been all over the news.

Quoting Anonymous:

Average success rate is less than 59%, according to health officials.

But I guess that is matching to a "tee"?

Quoting Anonymous:

Wrong, the strain of flu matches the shot to a tee. The flu is worse this year than in the past too.

I am curious how it matches EXACTLY.. How did the CDC anticipate what flu strand goes around? and there isnt only ONE strand of flu per season, and depending on antibodies and immune system people have, the flu can actually mutate per person. If the flu shot matches EXACTLY, wouldnt it prevent the flu altogether, and if so, then how are people who are getting the shot getting the flu at all?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

that's not what the news was saying this morning.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wrong, the strain of flu matches the shot to a tee. The flu is worse this year than in the past too.

icn_mom
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I do not know. There are 3 strains in the shot 8 believe.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

If you do get the flu it is less of severity. Google it and the strain and the shot do match. It has been all over the news.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I am curious how it matches EXACTLY.. How did the CDC anticipate what flu strand goes around? and there isnt only ONE strand of flu per season, and depending on antibodies and immune system people have, the flu can actually mutate per person. If the flu shot matches EXACTLY, wouldnt it prevent the flu altogether, and if so, then how are people who are getting the shot getting the flu at all?

the first part of my post was actually sarcasm lol... unless you CREATE the flu, then there is no possible way to anticipate what EXACTLY will cure it or prevent it lol...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:31 AM
3 moms liked this
My husband and I have never had one and we don't give them to our children either.
atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:32 AM
2 moms liked this
If your kid died from the flu wouldn't you be 2nd guessing yourself forever about if you got them the shot, what if?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeforchrist
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:35 AM
3 moms liked this

I'd only get aflu shot if you want to get the flu. It's a proven fact that it doesn't work, and just gives you the flu. Id never get one, and I'd cut off my arm before i let anyone give one to my children.

icn_mom
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Same way any vaccine is not fool proof. No vaccine is 100% ever.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

right that was part of my point.. the fight was its effective because it matches exactly, so I used the word exactly to make a point.. I dont believe any vaccine is going to prevent something especially something like the flu since its never EXACTLY what they think it is!! (to a tee =  exactly) lol

MsDenuninani

That's what I saw on the Today Show.

Quoting Anonymous:

that's not what the news was saying this morning.

Quoting Anonymous:

ZanderandBella
by Heather on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

The flu shot is the only one I refuse to get for my family and I. Since we have refused the flu shot, we haven't been sick. However, when we did get it, we were all sick multiple times.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)