Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Scare Tatic Parenting ******update******

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
3 moms liked this

I just found a pipe in my 16 yr old's jeans...... I had to go ask my neighbor what the hell it was. He is playing with fire. My brother is a sheriff's deputy and I just got off the phone with him. We set something up to scare the shit out of DS. Brother and a few other deputies will show up to arrest DS and hopefully show him the results of his actions without actually suffering the real consequences YET!!!!!!!!

I am an awful mom, right???? Oh well, my son is so worth the hell I am going through. Whatever it takes for him to stay off drugs!

They came to our house and arrested him yesterday. They took him to the county jail. He sat in booking for 3 hrs. He missed hockey practice and all his friends knew where he was. He was never booked and released to me. This morning we has a meeting with the judge and DA in the judge's chambers. My son will be working every Saturday morning for 4 hrs at the county jail until schools out for summer (for free...of course!) He was scared and cried. Last night, he came to our room and said how sorry he was. Hope he learned a lesson. No formal charges were filed.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Keep us informed along the way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Quoting EireLass:

Keep us informed along the way.

I will!

FunnyKids
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:50 AM
I'd do it too. But you know your brother and his friends could be in serious trouble if it ever gets out what they did right? They could possibly lose their jobs
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Quoting FunnyKids:

I'd do it too. But you know your brother and his friends could be in serious trouble if it ever gets out what they did right? They could possibly lose their jobs

They cleared it with the Sheriff and someone in the DA's office. We live in a really rural area and everybody knows everybody.

Reepicheep.CSL
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't hesitate to do that either! Good job and I hope he learns real quick that his actions have consequences!
FunnyKids
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:12 PM
You're telling me the sheriff and DA think it's ok to not charge or make any formal citation to someone using illegal substances? I seriously doubt that

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting FunnyKids:

They cleared it with the Sheriff and someone in the DA's office. We live in a really rural area and everybody knows everybody.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momof3jam
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I LOVE it!!!

I was a "bad" teenager, and this would have been a good kick in the pants to possibly straighten me out.

littlelambe2
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

This. I think you're doing the right thing

IQuoting Reepicheep.CSL:

I wouldn't hesitate to do that either! Good job and I hope he learns real quick that his actions have consequences!

EarlGrayHot
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:06 PM

INstead, why not sit down and discuss this with your kid?  Is that too much trouble?  WHat if he, say, found the pipe?  How can you be sure what's going on without asking?  This sounds like a bad idea and it doesn't say good things about your local police and I don't care if everyone knows everyone else.  Have you had discussions already with the kid about drugs?  Seriously, unless there's more to the story than we got here you're going overboard.

CountryLayne
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Well- in my town the sheriff's office has done the same thing before, with my BIL, when he was younger. Small towns aren't quite the same as bigger cities.

Quoting FunnyKids:

You're telling me the sheriff and DA think it's ok to not charge or make any formal citation to someone using illegal substances? I seriously doubt that

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting FunnyKids:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN