Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

At Taft Union High School, in California, No word on how many shot, or injured.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/10/us-usa-shooting-california-idUSBRE90910H20130110

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Replies (11-18):
my4boys2002
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:42 PM
A lot if parents can't get help for their children, getting my son services has been a full time job and very expensive. Here if you don't have state insurance you get no services outside what your private insurance offers they don't offer much. It can be overwhelming for parents.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't have a loony child!

Quoting Anonymous:

Kids just don't have issues at 16 there are a ton of signs during their childhood that parents don't except.  Then they cry for help when they hurt someone.  Get off your ass and help your child when they are young.

Quoting Anonymous:

Many times it is not obvious. You can't make adults get help if they don't want to either. I read on here all the time parents say their kids need counseling and they won't go. Many times at 16 kids can decide. Its not a black and white answer at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

The answer is parents and teachers need to wake up and listen to their kids when they have health issues

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:04 PM
2 moms liked this

to quote Hitler: the first step in conquering a country is to disarm its people. 

Quoting littlelamb303:

yep, it is becoming pretty common here .  Yet for some people, more guns is the answer.  I find that sad.

the solution isn't more guns per-say, but making sure people know how to use them. 

I am a teacher, I have my CPL. My state is considering a law that would allow me to carry my weapon while on school grounds. I would carry it to not only protect myself but my students.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:48 AM

This person that did this shotting was bullied and no one did anything about it

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't have a loony child!

Quoting Anonymous:

Kids just don't have issues at 16 there are a ton of signs during their childhood that parents don't except.  Then they cry for help when they hurt someone.  Get off your ass and help your child when they are young.

Quoting Anonymous:

Many times it is not obvious. You can't make adults get help if they don't want to either. I read on here all the time parents say their kids need counseling and they won't go. Many times at 16 kids can decide. Its not a black and white answer at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

The answer is parents and teachers need to wake up and listen to their kids when they have health issues

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:06 AM
I would not want my child in a school with armed teachers. Who's to say one of them might be a total nut case and they go on a shooting spree??

Quoting Anonymous:

to quote Hitler: the first step in conquering a country is to disarm its people. 

Quoting littlelamb303:

yep, it is becoming pretty common here .  Yet for some people, more guns is the answer.  I find that sad.

the solution isn't more guns per-say, but making sure people know how to use them. 

I am a teacher, I have my CPL. My state is considering a law that would allow me to carry my weapon while on school grounds. I would carry it to not only protect myself but my students.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Then I guess if you live in MI or Utah you should homeschool.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would not want my child in a school with armed teachers. Who's to say one of them might be a total nut case and they go on a shooting spree??

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting littlelamb303:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:38 PM
My kids are grown. I don't have deal with it, but I would not allow my kids in a school like that. I highly doubt every teacher in every school in those states will arm themselves anyway. Lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then I guess if you live in MI or Utah you should homeschool.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting littlelamb303:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grannie_kel
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:07 PM

If you are not already homeschooling then, you better start because any teacher anywhere could be a total nut case and walk into a school with a gun.  My kids are grown but I would rather have my grandchildren in a school where there might be other teachers who are also carrying that could protect my babies. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting littlelamb303:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Mine are grown, thank goodness. I was watching the news and teachers with guns in the classroom is not happening anytime soon.

Quoting grannie_kel:

If you are not already homeschooling then, you better start because any teacher anywhere could be a total nut case and walk into a school with a gun.  My kids are grown but I would rather have my grandchildren in a school where there might be other teachers who are also carrying that could protect my babies. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting littlelamb303:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN