Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Has anyone ever called your daughter this?

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:57 PM
  • 41 Replies
mama. My mother calls my daughter that. The only other person i have heard call their child that is Tori spelling. Im assuming thats where my mother got it from. It aggrevates me. She is not a mama and i dont want to think of her being one...she is only 3.

I know how to pick my battles so i dont say anything about it, but its still aggrevating.

~Melissa~Wife to Jarrod~Mommy to Nathan, Kristina, Tyler, and Ryan~

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armyvet06
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:58 PM
I know someone who calls her daughter and grand daughter that. It annoys the hell out of me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Habibti812
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:59 PM

I'm Arab and for us when kids are small and learning to talk we call them our name IE if I'm talking to baby I'd say Mama If my hubby is he'd say Baba if my mother in law is she'd say Teta *Grandma* if my FIL is he'd say "Cido" (grandpa) and on and on.

nodramamama311
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I have always heard hispanic people do that.

GOBryan
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I call my daughter "mama" and my son "papa or papi"  Very common with latin families to do that. My mom does also. It's just a term of endearment like sweetie. 

mp3mom
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Never.

jimspanda
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Never!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AliKatAK47
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Yea. I call my daughters that.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:05 PM
My dd's call me that, lol. I wouldn't call my dd's that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaylasMama11
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:07 PM

same here.

Quoting GOBryan:

I call my daughter "mama" and my son "papa or papi"  Very common with latin families to do that. My mom does also. It's just a term of endearment like sweetie. 

stacefaceninja
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:09 PM

LOL...I call my 5 month old Little Mama. I'm not sure where it came from, it just kinda came out one day. I can assure you, however, that I did NOT pick it up from Tori Spelling's goofy ass ;)

-If for any reason you feel an urge to correct my grammar, spelling, or punctuation, please suppress this urge. You are not important enough to me to spend time editing before I post.  I will just laugh at you-

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)