Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I'm never going to Disneyland..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Because it's gonna be filled with all the cafemomers on welfare who get $9k tax refunds.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Should think if you can afford kids before you have them then. So many do not.

Quoting joyfullem:

Even some people on welfare work their asses off or their husbands do while they take care of kids.  In those cases child care would cost more than they would get paid.

Quoting grannie_kel:

"Because it's gonna be filled with all the cafemomers on welfare who get $9k tax refunds."

We were talking about welfare moms, who in more cases than not, do not work at all.  

Also, most people that get EIC get back more than they paid in, so no, they are not taxpayers.  No one should ever get back more than they paid. 

Quoting joyfullem:

People that get EIC pay taxes too.... Lazy moms?  some of the women or married couples that get that work 40+ hours a week at more than one job but circumstances having them making minimum wage.  In case you hadn't heard getting good paying jobs isn't easy in the US right now. Get off your high horse

Quoting grannie_kel:

Their money?  People on welfare getting a tax refund can't even honestly believe that is "their" money.  A refund on something you never paid in the first place doesn't exist.  That is my money and anyone else who pays taxes.  I am so happy they are finally going to be lowering the credit amount per kid so these lazy moms aren't getting so much. 

Quoting joyfullem:

Ok... so deny your kids a awesome trip and punish disneyland because you do not apporve of the way some spend their money.....

joyfullem
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

That's true no one hit hard times, has gotten laid off, has had a sudden medical issue or an unplanned pregnancy in recent years....

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting joyfullem:

Even some people on welfare work their asses off or their husbands do while they take care of kids.  In those cases child care would cost more than they would get paid.

Quoting grannie_kel:

"Because it's gonna be filled with all the cafemomers on welfare who get $9k tax refunds."

We were talking about welfare moms, who in more cases than not, do not work at all.  

Also, most people that get EIC get back more than they paid in, so no, they are not taxpayers.  No one should ever get back more than they paid. 

Quoting joyfullem:

People that get EIC pay taxes too.... Lazy moms?  some of the women or married couples that get that work 40+ hours a week at more than one job but circumstances having them making minimum wage.  In case you hadn't heard getting good paying jobs isn't easy in the US right now. Get off your high horse

Quoting grannie_kel:

Their money?  People on welfare getting a tax refund can't even honestly believe that is "their" money.  A refund on something you never paid in the first place doesn't exist.  That is my money and anyone else who pays taxes.  I am so happy they are finally going to be lowering the credit amount per kid so these lazy moms aren't getting so much. 

Quoting joyfullem:

Ok... so deny your kids a awesome trip and punish disneyland because you do not apporve of the way some spend their money.....

silverdawn99
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:27 PM

i will be getting a good chunk of change but we have solid plans for ours

student loan payoff, credit card payoff, fix vechiles (windshield, tune up, tires and ac) stock up on dry goods

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Too many on here could never afford the kids from minute one though.

Quoting joyfullem:

That's true no one hit hard times, has gotten laid off, has had a sudden medical issue or an unplanned pregnancy in recent years....

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting joyfullem:

Quoting grannie_kel:

Quoting joyfullem:

Quoting grannie_kel:

Quoting joyfullem:

2girlsMom.MN
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:53 PM

So a mom on welfare with a 9k tax refund is a bad person you want to shield your kids from?

grannie_kel
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Even working at minimum wage for 40 hours a week they could pay daycare and still have at least a little money left to help the family, which would be better than nothing.  Or parents could work opposite shifts and cut out daycare or at least cut down the number of hours it is needed.  It they are not willing to work but have kids to support, then yes, they are lazy.  It is not the fault of all of us that are working that these people didn't get enough education to work beyond minimum wage.  Maybe they should think about how hard other parents or single mothers have to work who pay their own way through life and have to support these people who can't seem to get off their ass.  And actually, none of this has anything to do with the fact that at tax time, nobody should ever get more than they paid in and in fact, everyone should contribute.  While for some it may not be much, it should be something.   

Quoting joyfullem:

Quoting grannie_kel:

Quoting joyfullem:

Quoting grannie_kel:

Quoting joyfullem:

grannie_kel
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:08 PM
4 moms liked this

This question wasn't directed to me but will give you my thoughts anyway....I think a mom on welfare with a 9k tax refund who uses it to take her kids to Disneyland is someone that her own kids should be shielded from. 

Quoting 2girlsMom.MN:

So a mom on welfare with a 9k tax refund is a bad person you want to shield your kids from?

Jessy613
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Alrighty!

2girlsMom.MN
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

My fiance (father of my daughter) got back 8-9k last year. We went to Florida, Disney World had a blast. He also works 2 jobs and donates plasma so you can kiss my ass. 

Quoting grannie_kel:

This question wasn't directed to me but will give you my thoughts anyway....I think a mom on welfare with a 9k tax refund who uses it to take her kids to Disneyland is someone that her own kids should be shielded from. 

Quoting 2girlsMom.MN:

illinoismommy83
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Lol, only in Feb, March, and maybe April. By May its back to normal. Apparently if the CM polls are true, by May all of the tax refund families will be in line at the soup kitchen. They only party in Feb/March and some into April.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)