Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

annoying c***

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:35 AM
  • 4 Replies

Not to be mean, because I am caring and sensitive, but my parents are so annoying, especially my father. Because he exaggerates about everything, repeats his stories alot, and criticises others alot. I dont know how I survived growing up in this style of a family. But anyway, Im married with one child, and I still have to hear this behavior when my parents decide to come over. Please dont think I am being childish, but I have alot of reasons to dislike this according to my experiences. I do speak up for myself and I do put my foot down. But, how should I deal with people that are so gassed up with themselves and feel like they are in control of things when in reality they arent?? Tell what is this.

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

You back off the relationship. You see and tolerate them in small doses.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:38 AM

You can't change others, you can only change yourself. You can't control anything beyond your own bubble (bubble being your home). Sometimes without thinking, our responses set things off. Think carefully about your response before having one. Maybe put a spin on it. Maybe just say "you know, you're right" and see what happens.

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:18 AM

You should rid yourself of the poison they bring.It may sound harsh but you need to look after your and your family. Good luck  Peace

MaddiesMama09
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Yes. This. We have cut down on contact with several of my/my husbands family. Some people truly are toxic and don't need to be an added stress in your life.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

You back off the relationship. You see and tolerate them in small doses.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)