Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Foster Care.. how much do you need to make?

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:51 PM
  • 4 Replies

Are there income requirements to be a foster parent? If so, do you know what they are? I'm in Minnesota if that helps. THanks.

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Nope no financial requirements. Loads of paperwork, home studies, meetings and classes. Takes almost a year to get certified.

Elyssa414
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Here you have to just show that you are providing for your family, and that you have a safe place for them to sleep. The hardest part is the 27 hours of classes and home study and such...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
salleeturner
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:37 AM
2 moms liked this

I cannot speak for Minnesota, but I worked in Foster Care and Adoptions in Illinois before I retired.  There are no income requirements for you. The state will provide you with money to buy clothes, school supplies, spending money, and a moderate amount for pay for the child's share of family expenses. What is important is that you have a stable home, space for a child and a safe environment.  The stipend you receive depends on the child's age, any disabilities he/she may have. A case worker is assigned to the child and will help you with any issues that may arise.  Being a foster parent is probably the toughest job you will ever love.  Good luck and God bless you for considering the care of a needy child.

LADYxGHOST
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:06 AM
I wasnt aware there where any. You have other requirements but not financial.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)