Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

OH MY F***ING GOD, how hard is it???

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:22 AM
  • 69 Replies
3 moms liked this
My friend just sent me a picture that her friend posted on Facebook of her 3 YEAR OLD riding on an hour long car trip( really doesnt matter how long but.. ) WITH NO CAR SEAT! She posted it because the little one was asleep and she thought it was cute.

I'm sorry but I don't care where you grew up, how you grew up, or what your parents did when you grew up, ANYONE WHO HAS EVER LEFT THEIR HOUSE THESE DAYS KNOWS ABOUT CAR SEATS!! What kind of stupid, lazy, dumbass do you have to be to not put your child in a car seat?? It pisses me off BEYOND all levels of being pissed. I feel so bad for kids with these parents.

I AM NOT PERFECT, nor have I ever claimed to be. I make mistakes ALL THE TIME. Difference is, I criticize myself and strive to do better. I keep my kids safe in our vehicles, I try the best I can. How can you let a 3 yr old get in a car without a carseat???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Agreed

stargaze281
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Yes, That's right. They could be lazy cheap parents! That's a shame.

nodramamama311
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I try not to assume everyone is just cheap because there are a lot of poor people where we live. I get it that maybe they can't afford things, BUT, anyone on assistance (like many here) are offered all kinds of resources and help. You can get carseats free if you can't pay for one. PLUS, lots of these people that appear financially insufficient are often smoking so if you can afford cigarettes you should be able to buy a carseat. There just really is no excuse.

Quoting stargaze281:

Yes, That's right. They could be lazy cheap parents! That's a shame.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:52 AM
2 moms liked this

I think you're over-reacting.

nodramamama311
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:56 AM
A 3 yr old slumped over sleeping in a car with no car seat and I'm overreacting!?!?

Quoting EireLass:

I think you're over-reacting.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AubreeGrace17
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:19 PM
That reminds me of my SO's uncle. When his son was four he let him ride in the front seat and got a ticket.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nodramamama311
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Glad he got one! I wish the cops around here would care enough to do that.

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

That reminds me of my SO's uncle. When his son was four he let him ride in the front seat and got a ticket.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gonecrazi
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I agree with you...

AubreeGrace17
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Well, he had been pulled over for something else but it didn't teach him.

Quoting nodramamama311:

Glad he got one! I wish the cops around here would care enough to do that.

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anidawehiwahya
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Poor or not, there are places that give them out for FREE, so no excuses, especially if the child is already 3!! UGH, this just burns me!! Parents are to protect their children. They should get a child after the fact, and be made to go to classes on endangering their children and driving without seatbelts on their children. I am so tired of irresponsible parents nowadays. The warnings are there, yet they do it anyways. Just like texting and driving or driving drunk. My stepsons mother drives and texts with him in the car, it burns us bad, she gets only visitations/companionship for 8 hours a week, but we are on edge for those 8 hours hoping and praying he comes home safe. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)