Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Why is it?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:57 PM
  • 8 Replies
When I make a vent post about carseats or smoking that some of you take it as me saying I'm perfect mom?

IM SO NOT PERFECT MOM AT ALL! I make mistakes all the time. I just get upset when I see things being done to or around children that are factually harmful. Why is that so wrong to be concerned about? I must be missing something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
momto3B
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Who could complain? Car seats are LEGALLY REQUIRED and smoking is just GROSS and STUPID. 

Unless of course you a a baby driving a car without a seatbelt while smoking a cigarette. Then, it is just cool...

nodramamama311
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Lol!

Quoting momto3B:

Who could complain? Car seats are LEGALLY REQUIRED and smoking is just GROSS and STUPID. 

Unless of course you a a baby driving a car without a seatbelt while smoking a cigarette. Then, it is just cool...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto3B
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Forgive me, I really need to use spell check when I am tired. My post is illiterate....

Quoting nodramamama311:

Lol!

Quoting momto3B:

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Car seats totally 100% I get it.  Smoking not so much, I have seen the most amazing parents smoke around their children and I don't judge something that is 100% legal. (Whether I would do it or not).   I wouldn't judge if a parent was drinking around their child in my eyes really isn't any different.

Unless said parent is smoking in an enclosed space w/zero ventilation.  Then I may not be too happy but as long as they are attempting to keep it as far away as possible w/plenty ventilation then I am a little more forgiving.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I don't think you come off as thinking you're perfect. You do vent alot, and I do think you over-react...but we've chatted about that. I guess for me I'm old enough to have seen the change-over into what is considered safe/dangerous today, compared to 20 years ago, compared to 40 years ago, compared to 60 years ago. I can't, and don't try, to control anyone. Not even my own kids with their kids. They do things that bug me, but it's not mine to control. I just do things differently with the littles, and hope they witness it, and maybe do the same. I have never smoked cigarettes. My 7 brothers/sisters do. My mother did, and I know she did while pregnant with all of us. None of us has any breathing issues/asthma's, etc. I still wouldn't do it, but I'm not convinced it's as bad as some make it out to be. Some people think co-sleeping is really bad. I did it with my 2. My mother did it, her mother did it. Can't be all that bad. You'll always get people criticising no matter what you do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:30 PM

My assumption is it's their own insecurities about how they parent that are coming out. Why would someone secure in how they parent get upset over safety knowledge?

nodramamama311
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:45 PM
What upsets me is seeing children in danger, constantly, everyday, multiple times a day. Small children with no car seats, small children in the front seat, babies being held on laps in cars, parents smoking in the car with their kids, and more. It upsets me because I am human and I have feelings. I know I can't help everyone and hardly anyone would want to hear me telling them something but I still get upset seeing it all the time.

Quoting Anonymous:

My assumption is it's their own insecurities about how they parent that are coming out. Why would someone secure in how they parent get upset over safety knowledge?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Karopie_99
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:19 AM

People always have to blame someone else for their own thoughts, feelings and guilt. Just ignore it and move on

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)