Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Kids Party (I want the truth)!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I am getting straight to the point .....

My daughter turned 3 years old Yeah!, I had her an over the top party ,We had 20 kids to show up and all my family and friends came it was great!..

The plot :

My daughters attends a private school ,  I am a homeroom mom ,a very active parent with the school.I invited my daughter class to the party and only 1 child showed up, and her teachers.( Which was wonderful I love them) My daughter consider all her classmates her friends so wanted them to come. My daughter is 1 of 2  kids of color  in her class.Now with that being said. Why do you think none of the other kids showed up? Is it social issues?  Not knowing what to expect because I am of color?

I go to all parties I am sometime the only black but that does not stop me from going , I don't want to put my kids in box some of my good friends are white.I guess it bothers me that I am good enough to put a class party together and they give me praises for but not good enough to attend my daughter party. I am over thinking? I want the truth!!!

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Replies (31-33):
1likeme
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:22 PM
That's pretty normal. I've never had more than a handfull of kids from their class show up to a birthday party.
Jennyanne322
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Honestly, I hate when DS comes home from school with a birthday party invite. I don't know these kids, or their parents. He doesn't play with these kids, other than at school. Normally they are on weekends, and we are busy almost every weekend. So he doesn't go. I have no idea what to get the child, cause I don't know what they are into.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:50 AM

I dont think color had anything to do with it.  My son also went to private preschool for pre-K and Jr-K.  During those two years we were invited to the party of every child in his class.  We only attended the parties for his closest friends as there was a party nearly every weekend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)